Restore loose accounts and reconnect with sites?

So I’ve changed my password and created a new password using my seed phrase. But now I only see Account 1, I had several loose accounts but now they do not show up in MetaMask. What to do next?

3 Likes

Hi @Steve_B !,

Easy for restore. Just follow these directions, you’re going to keep hitting ‘create account’ they’ll restore in the same order. You may need to manually add tokens or networks, depending on what they are.

3 Likes

Let us know if you need assistance after restoring, the forum is a great place for these questions.

3 Likes

Thanks, I retrieved allready one account, but do I have reconnect manually with the sites I allready was connected to?

1 Like

Also I can’t see funds on several blockchains only
1 chain

2 Likes

Hello @Steve_B, welcome to MetaMask community!

You need to re-add everything, including networks and tokens you have on the respective networks.

1 Like

Oh God, but the networks allready show up in the main account
And what if I can’t remember the name of some loose accounts?

1 Like

You can check for everything related to your wallet on blockchain explorers for each blockchain separately.

6 Likes

Thanks, but how do I retreive loose accounts with that?

1 Like

Was your other account created with the same seed phrase? If so, follow the article posted by @KBeeTheCapybara above.

By the way, a good habit is to backup the private key of each address.

4 Likes

I’m trying. I understand now backing up private key of each address is essential

2 Likes

I’ve managed to recover a couple of loose accounts, but the funds (tokens and NFT’s) on several accounts don’t show up. So what exactly is the next step? Like 1 account is, only for Cronos. But if reconnect with the website, it doesn’t show funds

1 Like

Dammit my head hurts, gonna walk it out for a while. Get the stress out and try again later this day

1 Like

You can click this link on MetaMask and view assets and NFTs on different chains.

5 Likes

Thanks a lot guys, I’m getting there. Luckely I bookmarked all the websites, my MetaMask was connected to. So need some time to fix this issue but really thanks for your help. For now…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.