Scam transaction

I’ve been scammed by someone pretending to be part of the Gary Vee team.
The only reason I have fallen for this it’s because I was working with VeeTeam before and they had my email on file, so when I received this mail about new veefriends drop I was 100% sure I speak to the same people.
They tricked me to buy nft which is veefriends copy.
Is there any way Metamask can help to retrieve my funds and close the scammer account ?

Unfortunately the nature of blockchain transactions makes them irreversible. Let’s get you connected to our helpdesk, here’s more info, with direct link to them: Do you think your wallet has been hacked? - READ HERE

So how metamask deal with scams & fraud ?

1 Like

If any people steal you the only solution is police. With cyberinvestigation sometimes is possible know the people behind de robbery but it s more difficult. I recommend change passwords and scan the computer with antimalware.

To file police report I need information of the scammer and his metamask account
Does metamask cooperate with the law enforcement?

1 Like

Did you read my post? it was not stealing. I’m reporting fraud made by impostor. How does metamask deal with this kind of fraud?

1 Like

Phishing is very complicated but Metamask i suposse that only work with police. Then you must go to the police and they will contact to Metamask if they need any information. For me some times of phishing are a vulnerability.

ai would like to get metamask representative to make statement on the topic

We have several teams with the specific purpose of finding and shutting down scammers. We’re completely non-custodial, which means we don’t have any level of access to accounts. So there is little we can do in situations like this.

Metamask is only an access point to your accounts on the blockchain. You don’t even need Metamask to interact with them. Just your Secret Recovery Phrase.

We do work with a variety of law enforcement agencies. But the unfortunate reality is that laws are different in every county, state, and country. The best option in most situations is reaching out to local law enforcement, and seeing what resources are available in your area.

Our helpdesk may have additional resources, it depends on the specifics of your situation.
I would start a ticket with them, and see if there’s anything more they are able to provide.

If you want to forward any websites, emails, etc contact info they gave you, I can pass that along to the security team.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.