The problem of fraud

Dear,

I urgently need your help. I am a new user of MetaMask and digital technologies. At the persuasion of an acquaintance, I traded a short trade in MetaMask through the ai-moveworks.info window. I transferred Etherum to a digital wallet at ai-moveworks.info. Now I want to transfer my USDT from ai-moveworks.info to bit panda and then to my account, but my account is not available, it is blocked. My friend no longer calls me and I think this is a scam. I have all transfer transactions of Etherum to Theter Wallet ai-moveworks.info. Is there a possibility that you can help me and pay the money to my account? Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Hello @Tomislav, welcome to MetaMask community!

Sorry to hear this happened.
MetaMask is a self-custodial wallet. It has no control over your wallet or what you do with it. You are the only one in control. You fell for a scam. The only ones that can get your money back are the scammers or the authorities that could investigate your case. But that’s outside of MetaMask’s capacity.

Reach out to our helpdesk: https://support.MetaMask.io and click the blue "Start a Conversation"button. The bot will ask a few questions then get you connected.

3 Likes

Hello Chinzilla,

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the information. I’m going to try to get the money back. Do you think I’ll make it?

Thank you once again.

Chances are slim to none, but i wish you luck with it and i hope you succeed.

Alright. But I have €14,700 on moveworks. Is it possible that someone just takes the money from my wallet and disappears. Is it possible to contact Interpol, the police or something similar afterwards?

Insist to them on getting your money back. No platform should ever withhold your own money with refusal to give it back. That would be a scam. How you proceed further is up to you.

Thank you. My money is on ai-moveworks.info. I don’t know if there is an institution that has jurisdiction over ai-moveworks.info, but maybe they can be tracked down?

Please reach out to the support team with the link @Chinzilla shared above and they will be able to further assist you and answer any questions you have.

3 Likes

Thanks for the information. I already contacted Support, explained the situation. The problem is that I need that money and I can’t sleep because of it. I see that after sending the ticket, MetaMask marked ai-moveworks.info as spam, although it should have done so earlier. I don’t know if MetaMask will be able to return the money, I will send you the result. Thanks to the whole community

1 Like

I just saw this post. I can relate to your grief. I had a similar thing happen to me with a dApp I had been given the info to use by a “friend “. They stole lots of money out of my account and nothing I can do about it except live to fight another day.

I agree with the other members here, it is highly unlikely you will ever get your money back.
And please don’t fall for the “matching funds” in the account to get back what has been taken.
If they start asking for more money, know it’s an extortion deal and better to start over.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing and sorry to hear that happened to you too @fastroads.

Hope you are doing better now, and let us know if we can provide any more support or information for you.

1 Like

Can I send you some information to review?

The best way would be to do so with our support team, where conversations are private.

• Visit : https://support.metamask.io/

• Click the large blue “start a conversation” bubble in the upper middle of page, looks like this:

• This will connect you to a bot at first, answer some questions and it will open a ticket for you with an agent.

Remember - NOBODY, including from support, will ask for your secret recovery phrase or for you to input it onto any website for confirmation.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.