Seed recovery IOs app + Mac . Cannot find “Keyringcontroller”

Hey , so got this error about corrupt data on app, not sure of i do have seed stored . Do remember password. Thing is , while recovering seed for IOs. I cannot find JSON. Icloud is backed up, did not mess with MM or setting. Step is quite unclear where and how to find Keyringcontroller. Tried using search function and in finder and Mac. Still it does not come up, maybe security settings are hiding it? , do i need to do backup of Iphone to Mac, before i can look it up? Just don’t want to do any extra steps that could mess up recovery process. Thank you :heart:

2 Likes

Hello @Pookie, welcome to MetaMask community!

It would be best if you contact Support team at https://support.metamask.io and click Start a Conversation to be guided through the process if you are having difficulties.

support

Once you click Start a conversation a live chat bot will appear on your screen. It will give you an automated response at first, but afterwards you should be able to contact the support team directly.

3 Likes

Hey. I did . Wasn’t much help tbf , they didn’t understand the issue . So figured it would be best to ask here :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Are you following this guide?

There’s also another topic with same kind of issue like yours.

2 Likes

The iOS recovery method is no longer working :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Exactly this . IOs method. I saw that new disclaimer appeared just today. Hmm any other way to recover it . As i’ve seen some posts on reddit with same issue , just see that it was 106d old, which isn’t that assuring . Am keen do recovering it

Yup noticed it was put out just today. Still there should be ways to retrieve it

I do not know :face_with_peeking_eye: they will probably make a new instructions :page_facing_up: If it is possible.

4 Likes

Hi @Pookie

Sorry to hear about your problem.

Maybe you have an back-up point stored on cloud or on local machin (lapto/PC) on the date before the issue happened? If yes, You may try to restore and see if you can access your account étain :crossed_fingers:
Feel free to ask any questions if you need.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.