Metamask iOS Freezes, no access despite password entry , vault restore via backup

hello dear MetaMask community,

maybe you can help me.
I had downloaded the app on the iPhone and clicked away the hint to the secret words (seed phrase), postpone to later… because I urgently just wanted to quickly receive a transaction and send away and then write down the 12 words in peace. When the transaction came in, the app hung up and nothing worked. I had to close this and when I wanted to open it came an error message despite password entry. I tried to find the Jason file using Vault Backup Recovery, but there is no file in Apps->MetaMask->Documents->persistStore->persist-root. The persistStore folder is completely empty.
Is there any way to recover the Vault I still have the App Password.
Best regards

1 Like
2 Likes
4 Likes

thanks for the reply, however I have installed the app on the phone not on browser extension and followed the guide for iOS but the root folder is empty and there is no jason file to be found.

3 Likes

Can you check if you have a backup?

Settings > Profile > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups.
Under Backups, click on iPhone (this iPhone) ---->
Then u can find your MetaMask App

3 Likes

yes I have a backup. However when I open this on the laptop with the app iMazing and go into the MetaMask app there under Apps->MetaMask->Documents->persistStore->persist-root … there is no file there. Only other files in other folders.

2 Likes

When I try to launch the app on my phone it says: MetaMask encountered an error due to memory limit exhaustion. The local data is corrupted. Please reinstall MetaMask and restore it with the secret recovery phase… i think there is a software error therefore there is no jason file in backup … can it be ? That would be a pity

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the MetaMask community,
Please refer to the following link and open a ticket to the Support Team, by clicking on Start a Conversation.
https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

3 Likes

Hello thanks for the feedback.
I have already written to support and opened a ticket but they also only refer to the vault recovery guide…(How to Recover the secret recovery Phrase)…which I follow but the folder I’m looking for is empty

3 Likes

I am sorry for what happened. Always, make sure to back up the Secret Recovery Phrase before starting to use your wallet. Search online to see if you can find any related information.
In the mean time, the current topic is open to see if anybody can help.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.