Sending eth to sanctioned country

Hi there, I wonder if its possible to send someone eth in Syria… This country is sanctioned by the US, but I still think it’s possible to send some Eth to crypto user in this country some way. Does anyone know how I can do this?

hi @LuckyTygo , welcome to MetaMask community.
You can send eth to anyone as long as he has a wallet. :cat:

2 Likes

Even he lives in a country with OFAC sanctions?

Ethereum Mainnet is a decentralized network, meaning you can send and receive funds from anyone, and no one can stop your transaction.

3 Likes

Oh wow, so if he can get a metamaskwallet, im able to send him some Eth in syria? And do you happen to know if he can transfer the money from metamaskwallet to a crypto platform used in Syria ?

Yes, you can send funds on the Ethereum Mainnet to anyone. Sadly I don’t know if they will be able to use any CEX from their location. You’d have to research that on your own.

2 Likes

if he can transfer the money from metamaskwallet to a crypto platform used in Syria ?

Make sure the exchange’s deposit supports your token and the network you are using, otherwise the funds you deposit may be lost.

2 Likes

Like friend said above, you can send funds to anyone on the main EtherNet. As far as I know there are some CEX and DEX that will have restrictions on certain regions. That should be one aspect to consider.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.