Super Weird Gas Issue

Getting a super weird gas issue. Below is the error code which suggests gas is insufficient to complete the transaction.

Swap failed: replacement fee too low (error={“code”:-32603,“message”:"[ethjs-query] while formatting outputs from RPC ‘{“value”:{“code”:-32603,“data”:{“code”:-32000,“message”:“replacement transaction underpriced”}}}’",“stack”:"{\n “code”: -32603,\n “message”: “[ethjs-query] while formatting outputs from RPC ‘{“value”:{“code”:-32603,“data”:{“code”:-32000,“message”:“replacement transaction underpriced”}}}’”,\n “stack”: "Error: [ethjs-query] while formatting outputs from RPC ‘{“value”:{“code”:-32603,“data”:{“code”:-32000,“message”:“replacement transaction underpriced”}}}’ there is more to the message but I would have to upload a file for you to read

However, increasing gas results in the same error. Now here is the really weird part

1. This issue is specific to Avalanche chain. I can use the affected wallet address on different chains just fine.

2. There is no issue when using a different wallet address installed on the same metamask during the same browser session

3. The error is generated regardless of the device - Metamask chrome extension or mobile app.

4. Resetting the wallet, removing the account and even reinstalling the extension/app all result in the same issue

Never seen an error like this before especially one that is so specific. Anyone ever experienced this before?

Yes, it happens occasionally. I’m a heavy user of metamask. I often encounter this situation. I usually close the browser and log in again. Sometimes this will work. If it doesn’t work, I’ll replace the VPN node. It seems that this is the only way to solve the problem. As for whether it’s a code problem, it still needs to be analyzed by technical experts.

Hilariously around 30 minutes after making this post, the first transaction that alerted me to the issue went through. It posted on chain although none of the following transactions were posted. It seems like a localised RPC issue but I don’t know.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.