Swap Failed: Unknown error: "Error: [object Object]"

I guarantee you that a majority of people have tried this.

I’ve done just about everything – uninstalled, reinstalled, multiple browsers, reinstalled ETH app on ledger, changed contract data setting … I’m going on 3 days without the ability to transact. Opened a ticket on Friday - crickets from metamask.

u got it 100%. worked I also allowed account nonce displayed.
thnk

I am only trying to send some SXP to Kucoin and I get error 87 Error [Object Object]

Tried everything.

Please update if you get an update.

Many Thanks,

Razorbeam

I had this issue for 3 days, since you wrote this.

I reached to the solution. Here is what I did:

• Open Ledger Live on your PC/Mac.
  • Go to Manager tab and Allow the Manager on your Ledger.
  • Make sure you have the firmware up-to-date and your apps are up-to-date as well. If you have updates, install them to the Ledger.
  • When you open the Ethereum App from your Ledger, go to Settings, Allow Contract Data becasue by default after the update it is Disabled.

Hope this help you!

Hi BigMo,

I followed the first 3 steps and I am getting a message that my firmware is up to date and there are no updates pending. Checked the version on the device and it is 1.6.1. What version do you have?

Besides that all my data is enabled (debug, nonce, contract)

This worked for me. Thanks so much

1 Like

I finally got this working after 4+ days. I tried a million things but this is what finally worked for me

1. Update to latest Ledger Live application
  2. Update latest Ledger firmware
  3. Install latest ETH app
  4. Remove Metamask plugin
  5. Reinstall plugin
  6. Turn on contract & nonce
    7 WORKS
3 Likes

Thank you so much, @Pakal and @jots for sharing your solution with everyone. Much appreciated.

this is unreal…

I uninstalled metamask, updated ledger, contract data allowed, tried on 2 computers and cannot swap.

on bsc I can, on eth no.

it is simply unreal!

Tried everything and it did not work. It finally worked after I turned on not only contract data but also debug data and nonce. So bizarre.

i also have this issue since days.
all browsers, all ledgers.
and i read everywhere, that lots of people are affected.
really, what is wrong with matamask ??
why do we not here from them??
why are our support tickets not replied to since DAYS ?
horrible

1 Like

Happening here as well, over 3 days. We need someone on this issue ASAP, thank you.

This WORKS!!!
LEGEND
Thanks

Confirmed, this fixed my issue as well. Make sure to allow contract data on your ledger too.

I cant swap my saitama in my metamask account out to eth it just says error. I also cant swap my eth to saitama in the app can anyone help or is getting the same issue? Thanks