The user aborted a request

Hi,
I swap on MetaMask from FLUX (340) to USDT on ERC network but i only received half of the transaction i.e. 112 USDT.

So I lost half of the trade. There was a “cancel transaction” link at the bottom of the transaction. I accidentally clicked on it.

details of the transaction here on Etherscan here:
etherscan
Could you please tell me where half of my funds went? What happened ?
Did the rollback abort the transaction in the middle?
thanks

It is likely that you received less tokens because of price impact and/or slippage. Did you receive a price difference warning before confirming the swap?

Here is more information on our Knowledge Base:

6 Likes

no, it’s USDT, it’s quite “standard” isn’t it?
Losing half is a lot.
and the message "
The user aborted a request." , so what does that mean?

1 Like

hey, I tried it in MetaMask, and the interface shows that the amount of USDT that can be exchanged for 340 flux is about 112. In fact most of the time I tried it was less than 112.
In uniswap, its number is displayed as 168, but it’s not the amount you end up with, because uniswap shows the price impact warning of 99.7%, which means that the token is illiquid.
In my experience, the price difference between different DEXs will not be much.

Later, I searched for its contract in geckoterminal, and it showed that its liquidity was 17486 USDT. This may be the reason why the final amount is lower than expected.

6 Likes

As @tuya mentioned the low liquidity is from the FLUX token you have traded.

This error is nothing the user has done or something they should worry about. It’s just additional info that MetaMask is trying to display but is not being able to.

2 Likes

ok thanks
therefore one cannot exchange flows without losing half of its value. Otherwise what should I exchange it for to avoid these inconveniences?
@tuya
par contre, j’ai fait un autre test, et j’ai comme toi eu l’avertissement qui m’a sauté aux yeux. La première fois , je l’ai pas eu. bizarre

3 Likes

Since there is very low liquidity for the FLUX token, anything you will exchange it for will cause you to receive less tokens because of price impact.

3 Likes

thanks, It’s a shame, so there’s not much we can do about it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.