There is some problems with QR-code in BEP-20 chain

There is a problem with scanning qr-code in the BEP-20 network. When I scan qr-ccode on CEX, the word “ethereum:” is inserted before the address.

7 Likes

You just need to delete these letters manually :grinning:

7 Likes

@Tksly thanks I know :rofl:

4 Likes

@snwlprd.eth ,

Would you be able to put in a help desk ticket for this? It would help them see data on backend to figure out the issue. Go to support.metamask.io , click the blue ‘start a conversation’ big blue bubble in middle-upper right of page. You’re at first connected to a bot but it will register to an agent. This would help MetaMask. @Tksly if you’ve run into this too, can you also open a ticket?

Thanks to you both!

4 Likes

@KBeeTheCapybara
thanks. I will definitely do that

3 Likes

This situation occurred in the previous mobile version of MetaMask. After I updated to v5.1.1 (903), this problem will no longer occur.

9 Likes

Thanks!

Just making sure you didn’t see it after you updated. :smiley:

4 Likes

Thank u so much. It’s working
@Tksly

3 Likes

Hey @snwlprd.eth ,

Did you not have the most up to date version and now that you do, it’s all fine?

Just want to confirm.

4 Likes

@KBeeTheCapybara

Absolutely right. After the update everything works correctly :+1:

4 Likes

@KBeeTheCapybara
today I again encountered a problem when transferring funds from the binance exchange, when I scan the code of my MetaMask wallet. Could this be a Binance issue?

3 Likes

It’s hard for me to say, but can you please reach to Help Desk? They’ll be able to dig into it and gather info to see what’s the issue. They will never ask for your secret recovery phrase.

support.metamask.io > click the blue button that says ‘start a conversation’ this will link you to Help Desk.

Can you also please share here what happened earlier so I can get the full picture? Thanks!

4 Likes

This is a problem with the mobile software of binance. The problem you mentioned will be displayed in front of the funds transferred out from the scanning of binance. At present, binance has not solved the problem. We just need to delete the previous string. This is not the case with a scan using MetaMask. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

@Tksly i got it.

for others who are interested in what it looks like:

3 Likes

Thanks! And to confirm I’m following correctly, the above image you shared is from Binance exchange wallet after you scanned your MM wallet QR code?

3 Likes

@KBeeTheCapybara

that’s right, I scanned the address from the BEP-20 network in MetaMask.

2 Likes

Thanks, @snwlprd.eth ! Wouldn’t hurt for you to tell Binance support of this but wanted to also get the info. Have you seen anything else this happen with lately?

3 Likes

@KBeeTheCapybara

no more problems were noticed, by the way MetaMask perfectly scans qr from binance )

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks @snwlprd.eth . Let us know if you have any more issues.

2 Likes

ohmy gosh,you must double check your wallet address and start with 0x

1 Like