'Transaction Error. transaction would cause overdraft'

No matter the transaction I try I get the pop-up: '‘Transaction Error. transaction would cause overdraft’ I have more than enough in my waller to for the transaction & gas fees. I’ve tried bare minimum amounts with the same response.

I’ve re-installed MetaMask – cleared cookies, the lot and nothing.

Please help

Thanks in advance

Hello @Gennaro1988 !
Welcome to MetaMask community !

Does this happen on a specific network or all?
Have you tried sending 0 ETH to your address or have you tried changing the RPC ?

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply!

It happens on the ETH network. The address can and has received funds.

What is RPC?

Thanks

3 Likes

Hi @Gennaro1988 ,

Please reach out to our Help Desk with this error so they can look into this. To get support, visit support.metamask.io > choose Start a Conversation > answer a few questions from the chatbot and you will be connected to live support.

Remember to never share your Secret Recovery Phrase, not even with support.

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Ah, and to answer your question to snwlprd, you can check out more about RPCs here :

But, we recommend reaching out to our support team with this error message. Thanks!

4 Likes

How did you fix it ?

No matter the transaction I try I get the pop-up: '‘Transaction Error. transaction would cause overdraft’ I have more than enough in my waller to for the transaction & gas fees. I’ve tried bare minimum amounts with the same response.

I’ve re-installed MetaMask – cleared cookies, the lot and nothing.

Please help

Thanks in advance

@Jamesmarcel120

What network are you on when getting this error?

Thanks!

On ETh network and it’s strange I really don’t know what to do on my meta mask

1 Like

Gotcha. Please reach out to MetaMask support so they can dig further into this. To get support, visit support.metamask.io > choose Start a Conversation. Answer a few questions from the chatbot and you willg et connected to live support.

2 Likes

Did anyone ever find a solution to this problem? I’ve had the same error for about 2 weeks now. MetaMask support team was not helpful.

On what network? Have you tried adding more gas and manually adjusting the gas fees?

2 Likes

I figured it out, It was a scam i fell for and lost 1300 but o well lesson learned. thanks for trying tho

So sorry to hear that, if you need further assistance, please see the link to contact the support team from @KBeeTheCapybara shared above.

2 Likes

Also having the same issue,
Please MetaMask I have being facing this issue for some days now, I can’t send out eth or swap eth on my wallet and I keep receiving this message ( [ethjs-query] while formatting outputs from RPC ‘{“value”: {“code”:-32000, “massage”:“replacement transaction underpriced”}}’ )
… please I need your help in fixing it or is it that my wallet has already been compromise, if yes, please help me get my wallet back I can’t withstand to loose all my effort to one scammer please help me

Hello @Democ1, welcome to the MetaMask community,

This error means that the gas amount is not enough and you need to increase the gas for the transaction to be executed. Please refer to the following article in this regard.
You can get an estimate of the gas parameters from the relevant block explorer at the time of your transaction.

3 Likes