TRX ( Tron ) in Erc20 Metamask wallet, how to move it to BSC side so I can send or swap it?

Hello all. Some months ago I swapped ETH for TRX. not knowing any better I added TRX token in my Etherium smartchain wallet and the TRX shows the amount of tokens there but not it’s $ value.
Now that I’m wanting to send it I find that it should be in the BSC side. I’ve added the TRX token on my BSC wallet, the TRX remains in the Erc20 wallet. What to do in this situation?
Thanks in advance!

9 Likes

Hello, If I understand well, you would like to transfer your TRX from Ethereum network to Smart Chain network. If that is the case:
First, you can use a bridge to transfer your tokens to another network. If a bridge you are using does not support TRX, you can swap it first to either ETH or any other stable coins such as USDC and then using a bridge you can transfer your swapped tokens to BSC network. Then, you can swap them back to TRX on BSC.
There are bridge protocols you can use for this purpose. Connext is a good one.

9 Likes

Ok well I sent a small test amount to a friend’s wallet. The send was confirmed but never showed up in my friends wallet that is a BSC wallet. I’m not sure, but I think the issue is that the TRX is in my Mm Etherium smart chain wallet when it should be in the BSC wallat. So first would be to move the TRX within my Mm from ESC to BSC, no? How would I do that?

With that done I should be able to send directly to my friends binance BSC wallet?

“Nemo Me Impune Lacesset”

4 Likes

Hey there,
Maybe your friend just needs to import the TRX token by adding the contract address on the Binance smart chain network in his wallet.

And in order to move the tokens from a network to another your should just simply follow the steps @Maryam kindly provided above.

6 Likes

If you sent it on your Ethereum network from MetaMask, your friend must have received it on Ethereum network and not BSC network. Then, to view them, your friend needs to add the TRX contract address on Ethereum network.
In case you want to transfer them to BSC network, please follow what I have explained above.

7 Likes

Ok, so I understand this right, you’re saying I need to bridge the TRX to some where outside my Mm wallet, convert the TRX there to a Erc20 compatible coin/token then send that back to my Mm or my friends binance wallet?

So how do I find what bridge I need to use? TIA

5 Likes

No. I meant: First swap your TRX on Ethereum network to ETH or USDC and then use a bridge protocol. Using a bridge, you can send your tokens from a network in your MetaMask wallet to another network. For this case: You need to send your tokens from your MetaMask Ethereum network to BSC network in your MetaMask. Then you can swap the received ETH (or USDC) on BSC network to TRX token. In this case you will have the TRX token in your BSC and you can sent them to your friend’s address on BSC.
Before doing all these steps, first you need to make sure that the protocols you are using offers such services … Then you need to check the bridge and swap fees to see if they are in the range you would like to spend

7 Likes

@Looming-Extinction20 In case you can find a bridge protocol that transfers TRX from Ethereum to BCS network, then you do not need to do the swaps and you can directly send TRX from Ethereum network in your MetaMask wallet to BSC network. I know a Beta product which may offer such a bridge (I have checked and it supports the TRX on BSC. It may support TRX on Ethereum as well). However, I suggest you to do your own research.

6 Likes

What a headache…! Ok But thank you for your advice and info! So I need to do some research.

Thanks again, cheers!

4 Likes

Unfortunately, your question is not related to MetaMask. Despite that, I tried to suggest a way that you can do what you mean. I hope that MetaMask will include the cross chain bridge and then the users can transfer tokens between chains easily.

8 Likes

Again, thank you for your answer. Being as I have these tokens in my Metamask wallet and I wish to be able to transfer them within or out of my Mm wallet or swap them, I think it is very related to Metamask. That’s just my opinion though. Again thanks for your help!

Cheers Will.

4 Likes

@Looming-Extinction20 I understand and you are welcome to ask any question related to the cryptos you are holding in your wallet. What I meant was that the cross chain bridge is not currently included in MetaMask wallet.
I know a Beta product that may help you, but please do your own research before using it.
https:// transferto.xyz/swap?fromChain=eth
Please remove the spaces I have included in the link

I have used it several times and it worked well. However, I have never transferred TRX from Ethereum to BSC. That is why I suggest you to examine it before doing it.
Hope that helps.

6 Likes

Right, got it :slight_smile:

I’ll give that a look at and verify it’s compatible with a TRX move from erc20 to bsc with a small test amount. !st thing is I need to get more ETH to cover the gas for all this.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers, Will.

5 Likes

I hope you will mange to transfer them to BSC network.
As you mentioned, first transfer a small amount. Do not forget to add the TRX contract address on BSC to be able to view them in your MataMAsk wallet. The TRX contract address on smart chain is: 0x85eac5ac2f758618dfa09bdbe0cf174e7d574d5b

5 Likes

Yes. I got the contract addy at coinmarketcap com. They have an easy add contracts to Mm, just click the little fox icon and it adds TRX to your Mm. So whats going on is I see the Tron I have on the Eth mainnet side, but on my BSC side the Tron icon is there but there are 0 tokens. This is why I’m trying to figure how to get the Tron I have over from Eth mainnet into my BSC network in my Mm. That is where it should have gone to begin with, no?

4 Likes

Everything looks good. Now you need to transfer the TRX from Ethereum to BSC using a bridge protocol which I mentioned earlier. I checked and it supports the TRX on BSC. Please connect your wallet and see if it supports the TRX on Ethereum?. If yes, remember to transfer a small amount first. Check the bridge fee as well.
Good luck!

6 Likes

Just tried, It doesn’t support TRX out of Eth. Thanks for your help. I’ll have to research this more tomorrow Taking a break from it for the vening.

Thanks again, cheers!

4 Likes

Then you need to swap TRX to ETH (or USDC/USDT) on Ethereum network first and then use a bridge protocol. I have mentioned this earlier as well.

7 Likes

Hello @Looming-Extinction20.

In addition to Maryam1’s solution, you could also try transfering the TRX tokens from your MetaMask wallet through the ERC-20 network to an exchange that supports TRX ERC-20 deposits and after you get them in the exchange, to move them to whatever wallet you plan to move them to using BEP-20 network, again, if the exchange supports the TRX BSC network transfers.

Binance might be one of them. And again, check the fees for the entire operation, as you will also need ETH in your MetaMask wallet to be able to transfer them out, and the exchange itself has fees to withdraw the tokens after they are deposited, depending on network, in your case Binance Smart Chain(BNB Chain).

6 Likes

Hello, thanks for the alternative option. Yes right now 1st thing I need to do is bring in some ETH to the wallet to be able to pay gas/fees no matter what I do. In this scenario you suggest I’ll need some BNB too.

Thanks again! Cheers!

5 Likes