Unable to transfer out ETHW

At first, I thought it was time-related or was stuck. However, I have tried to cancel the transfer, but it will not cancel.

Here is the transaction. I have a ledger for most of my storage needs but needed an ETHW wallet, so I used MetaMask. I followed the instructions when I set it up and confirmed the settings multiple times. However, I now notice a warning stating, “This network doesn’t match its associated chain ID or name. Many popular tokens use the name ETHW, making it a target for scams. Scammers may trick you into sending them more valuable currency in return. Verify everything before you continue.”

The only thing it will let me do is edit the network details, but they are correct. I can not save the update unless I enter the wrong values.

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Welcome to the MetaMask community!
Which network are you trying to add? Take a screenshot or give details if you can

Here’s an introduction to network configuration, check it out to see if it’s helpful to you

2 Likes

Sorry, I thought I mentioned that it was ETHW. I followed the directions to connect to the ETHW mainnet found in multiple locations online.

I was able to deposit mining rewards into the account. However, when I went to transfer them to Coinbase to cash out on the 22nd, the contract was never completed. On the 25th, 26th, and again today on the 27th, I clicked to cancel the stuck transaction, but it did not cancel.

1 Like

I’m sorry, I’m not familiar with ethw, I suggest you try method 2 of “cancel transaction”, it looks like method 1 doesn’t work for you!

2 Likes

I installed the app on my phone, but the ETHW account I added does not appear. Is this normal?

1 Like

Hi @CloudIT,

You need to add the ETHW network manually in your MetaMask wallet. The following link can help you. Please remove the 2 spaces I inserted in the link:

https:// medium. com/nswap/how-to-add-ethw-to-MetaMask-8527d7696e80

For more information, please refer to the following article:

First make sure that Coinbase supports both the network and the token. Always, before depositing any tokens to any exchanges, please check on the exchange you would like to deposit. Otherwise you may lose your tokens if the exchange does not support depositing the token. I think Coinbase does not support the ETHW network. Please do your own research on this.

2 Likes

I’m sorry. I misspoke. I was transferring the crypto from MetaMask to Kraken.

I configured MetaMask with your directions and made hundreds of small deposits from mining it. However, now I have had this issue when trying to transfer it to Kraken, not Coinbase, to cash out.

I am new to MetaMask but have been messing with crypto for awhile now. I usually use ledger for all my storage but it does not have the option for ETHW without MetaMask.

1 Like

Hi - have you asked Kraken if they support ETHW network and the token you have on it? This is the first step.

4 Likes

Kraken is the only way I know to convert it to USD.

1 Like

لطفاً ارسال هرزنامه همه موضوعات مربوط به مشکل خود را متوقف کنید و مستقیماً با پشتیبانی MetaMask تماس بگیرید.

بهتر است با تیم پشتیبانی در آدرس https://support.metamask.io تماس بگیرید و روی «شروع مکالمه» کلیک کنید.

پشتیبانی

پس از کلیک بر روی شروع مکالمه، یک ربات چت زنده روی صفحه نمایش شما ظاهر می شود. در ابتدا یک پاسخ خودکار به شما می دهد، اما پس از آن باید بتوانید مستقیماً با تیم پشتیبانی تماس بگیرید.

4 Likes

After weeks of doing the exact same process, it finally worked. I am unsure what the issue was, but after having this and several other issues I did not mention, I will not risk it again. It’s just not worth my time to spend weeks trying to get access to my funds.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.