USDT still $0 after proccesing swaps

Hello there :wave:
A few weeks ago I swap WETH to USDT just fine. But…
Last Saturday (January 21, 2023 (GMT+7)) I swapped matic to USDT via MetaMask for around $40, but what happened was USDT was still $0. this is creepy. because the amount $ only appears for a moment then disappears and remains $ 0.
then I tried to swap Weth to USDT around $12. the same thing happened my USDT was still $0. I thought there was a delay or something and I try to refreshed several times. But bad thing until today (monday , January 23, 2023 (GMT+7)) my USDT is still $0. Its nighhmare :cold_sweat:

what happened to USDT? or is this a bug in MetaMask?

Regards
Budi

8 Likes

Hello @kangbud,

First of all, please check your account balance on the relevant block explorer. If the USDT balance is showing correctly on the block explorer, there are no worries. Please refer to the following post for more information, and let us know in case you still have any issues in this regard.

10 Likes

Hi @Maryam1
I have checked and searched in block explorer but the USDT token is gone rn :cold_sweat:
ok, I will try to follow the post for more information as you said

4 Likes

I guess it is the Polygon Network you are using ?

Have you added USDT for Polygon, to your MetaMask wallet ?

7 Likes

Hi @kangbud,

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean that the USDT tokens have been sent to another address? Please check the block explorer and make sure whether the USDT tokens have been sent to another address and let us know.
In case there are transactions in your wallet that you did not approve, it is likely that your wallet has been compromised. If that is the case, please refer to the following link for more information.

3 Likes

Hi @BlueSpaceBike
Before this incident, my USDT was fine, I swapped WETH to USDT, then swapped USDT back to MATIC. everything went smoothly.

it’s just that the current case worries me a lot.

@Maryam
I’ve never sent USDT to any other address, apart from swapping it to Matic, I manage USDT as passive funds because the ups and downs are relatively stable.

I thought maybe my MetaMask had been compromised.
but I’m using it I’m very careful when I enter the website to connect MetaMask. I am currently trading frequently selling and buying NFTs. maybe I’ll check your reference link again later

Please check the block explorer and see whether there is any transactions in your account that you did not approve and let us know so that we can assist you better.

1 Like

@Maryam

After I observed again in polygonscan as the block explorer. apparently there is a weird token, it’s called 51.03 pAAVE. do you know pAAVE?
the value of 51.03 should be the $51.03 USDT I received. but the USDT token is gone like replaced by pAAVE

I do not know this token. NEVER interact with any unknown tokens/NFTs.
Check under the “Transactions” tab on Polygonscan and see how this token has come to your wallet. There you can also check whether there is any transactions in your wallet that you did not approve.

1 Like

Have you interacted with the Aave dapp at all? https://app.aave.com/

Maybe you deposited your USDT for lending?

If not, please contact the support team at support.metamask.io and click Start a conversation to contact our technical support team.

1 Like

Ok.
in the transaction, there is also an oddity, the swap history of WETH to USDT should have a value of around $11 more or less (I kinda forgot, because the history on the wallet is also weird)

1 Like

Please report it to the MetaMask Support using the following link:
https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Click Start a Conversation (the blue box) to contact the technical support team.

2 Likes

@nakedwinnie
I feel like I’ve never interacted at app.aave dot com. I checked earlier, in my country the site is indeed blocked.
I also feel that I have never lent USDT. like I said before, I manage USDT on MetaMask as a passive fund.

ok I will contact the support team at support.MetaMask dot io later, just not now. in my country (Indonesia) is curfew, I need to rest first. I will continue tomorrow.

Thank you for today

2 Likes

@Maryam
ok I will contact the support team at support.MetaMask dot io later, just not now. in my country (Indonesia) is curfew, I need to rest first. I will continue tomorrow.

Thank you for today

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Report it when it is appropriate to you. Good Luck!

3 Likes

Hello guys :wave:,
After contact the support team at support.MetaMask dot io and closed conversation.

I got email from support@consensys.zendesk dot com
is that a valid email from MetaMask? sorry, I’m just being wary. :sweat_smile:
and do i need to create a password and sign-in there?

zendesk imel

1 Like

This is a valid email, no worries! :slight_smile:

This is just to create a Zendesk profile to follow the status of your ticket if you would like to, but it is not necessary. You will still receive an email to your inbox when there is a response to your ticket.

6 Likes

@nakedwinnie thank you :pray: :+1:

2 Likes

Have you been able to resolve your issues yet…?