WalletConnect v2 Deep Linking with Metamask Mobile

Hi there!
Having some trouble implementing connect with MetaMask (mobile app) using wallet connect.

I can successfully generate a deep link with a URI such as wc://wc?uri=wc:1234567890…
It opens the MetaMask app on my phone but doesn’t show a confirmation popup or anything…

Here is the configuration I used to generate the URI with wallet connect:

namespace: eip155
chainId: eip155:97 (BNB Chain testnet)
operations: [‘personal_sign’, ‘eth_sign’, ‘eth_signTransaction’, ‘eth_signTypedData’, ‘eth_signTypedData_v3’, ‘eth_signTypedData_v4’, ‘eth_sendRawTransaction’, ‘eth_sendTransaction’],
events:

Has anyone encountered the same issue?

Hi @loicc ,

Have you read through the section of the “using WalletConnect” in the MetaMask docs here?
https://docs.metamask.io/guide/mobile-best-practices.html#using-walletconnect

WalletConnect 2.0 is not supported yet. Please check out the convo in this previous thread on this topic, along with a GitHub link. Thanks!

3 Likes

Oh right! That makes sense… I guess we just need to wait then!
Thanks!

3 Likes

Hey Ioicc! Did you manage to send transaction requests to MetaMask Mobile on testnets? If yes, please do checkout this issue I am having for my pet project here. It is also using deeplinks but showing inconsistent requested amount in the app.

1 Like

Hey! No I couldn’t because MetaMask doesn’t support Wallet Connect V2 yet

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.