What is the MetaMask wallet?

Hello Support, I am a new MetaMask user.
How do I create a MetaMask wallet? Is there any specific topic in support that I can use?
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I have not found any description on how to create a MetaMask wallet.
Thank you,
inmobiz

2 Likes

Hello @inmobiz, welcome to the MetaMask community,

The following article can help you to install a MetaMask wallet.

This post is relevant as well.

Please let us know in case you need further assistance. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Hi @inmobiz ,

Don’t feel shy to ask any question. Your questions are welcomed and they are not viewed as dumb, it’s great you are finding out more information.

As @Maryam we are all here to help each other. Ask any questions you need.

Few safety tips I’d like to share with you since you are getting started.

You never need to verify your wallet, NEVER share your Secret Recovery Phrase, this includes inputting it on a site, pop-up window, or any form requesting it. Scammers will try to make this look like it is coming from MetaMask. Make sure you have your Secret Recovery Phrase written down and stored somewhere safe. Many people make the mistake of not writing it down, and get upset when they no longer can access their wallet.

Remember that MetaMask will never initiate contact with you. They never requested an email or any contact information from you when you created your wallet. If you receive an email out of the blue asking you to provide KYC info, verify your account, add money to your account, etc., it is a scam.

If you ever need support, MetaMask offers live support. The ONLY way to contact MetaMask support is either in your wallet, under settings>support>start a conversation, or, at https://support.metamask.io/ > start a conversation. Answer a few chatbot questions and you will be connected to live support. Never share your Secret Recovery Phrase, not even with support.

Start digging into how to use MetaMask and protect yourself in web3 by reading through the MetaMask Knowledge base. Here are some links that may be helpful. Understanding what you’re doing is really important.

5 Likes

Hello
Thank you for your kind answer
regarding " If you ever need support, MetaMask offers live support. The ONLY way to contact MetaMask support is either in your wallet, under settings>support>start a conversation, or, at https://support.metamask.io/ > start a conversation. Answer a few chatbot questions and you will be connected to live support. Never share your Secret Recovery Phrase, not even with support."

I can’t get in to that point, link seems inactive as I am going back to genral help page

Can you help me please ?

1 Like

Hello @Sardaukar, welcome to MetaMask community!

Can you provide more details about what your issue is exactly?
That link is valid and you can reach support as indicated in that statement.

1 Like

Deat Chinzilla
Merci for your quick answer
When I am trying to get support, for example by clicking on this link : https://support.metamask.io/
I am redirected to the main help page, as per attached file

It has already happened before and support came back a little while after
You can see that the last “sqaure” to the right is inactive, no way for me to access chat with customer service

Merci
Best day to you guys

1 Like

Check this article please. Try with another browser.

3 Likes

Will do but you have already answered my true question elsewhere
I appreciate your dedication to help ppl
Best of all

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.