Wrong MetaMask add when I copy

Hi I have a problem. When I try to copy my metamask add from the metamask extension and pasted it’s not copying my address but it’s showing someones address. Is my acct hacked or what?

1 Like

Hello @KlaasxJager, welcome to the community.

That sounds like the behavior of a clipboard hack. But its hard to be certain without more detail:

Let’s get you connected to our Helpdesk, here’s more info, with direct link to them: Do you think your wallet has been hacked? - READ HERE

3 Likes

Is there a way I can post a link here of the recorded video, I posted it on my youtube channel?

Please help me with this one. Because it’s happening here in my pc but not happening in my laptop. I tried reinstalling the metamask in pc but same problem.

2 Likes

Hello @KlaasxJager , post what ever details you have about your issues and a community’ representative will attend to you shortly as soon as they see it

3 Likes

A clipper might have affected your clipboard and it’s swapping your address. Be careful and pay close attention to the address you have saved in your pc .

3 Likes

What should I do to fix this? Btw, thank you for helping me Miss Stephanae.

2 Likes

Hi, I am doing the scanning now it may take an hour to finish. I will let you know after and I haven’t filed a ticket yet.

Hi, Done scanning and found a threat.

I will file a ticket now. Thank you.

The MM I am using in my PC which has no assets because it’s new but my assets from NFT games not yet transferred in my MM yet. Is it still safe?

@KlaasxJager , don’t click any links . Wait for an official member to assist you properly. Ignore @program .

4 Likes

Hi @KlaasxJager not ti click on the link provided by @program or anyone else. Official metammask support is available here, you can search by yourself and contact support directly.

https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

6 Likes

复制粘贴后一定要记得查看粘贴的内容是否有变动,我之前就出现过这样的情况,给电脑杀毒

2 Likes

Yes, I didn’t click the link he posted. It’s sus though. Thanks

4 Likes

Auto KMS/KMS pico is a tool used to remove the activation from pirated copies of windows.

I’d start with a install of windows you are certain is clean. If the OS itself is compromised, no anti-virus or malware removal tools will be able to deal with that.

3 Likes

I will try to reinstall my windows. Thanks for suggesting and I think my windows is compromised.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.