XLM can't swap for any token

Holding XLM and it doesn’t show the $amount and I am not able to swap it for anything.

2 Likes

Hello,
Do you have your XLM in your MetaMask wallet? If yes, on which network?

1 Like

Yes, its on the smart chain.

Eric

1 Like

Stellar has its own blockchain that is different from EVM-compatible blockchains which MetaMask supports. Most possibly it does not have enough liquidity on Smart Chain. If you tell us the contract address of the token you are holding, we can better help you. I have searched and found a contract address for XLM on Smart Chain, but only 47 addresses hold that XLM token. Then, I am not sure whether the one I have found is legit or not.

3 Likes

0x45c5cC9532C5126fFB1D9527958BD26267c3b105

This is the address

Eric

2 Likes

Thanks @calune for the reply. Around 20 hours ago, you swapped 265 ($96.18) with 2,043.468 of a token “called” XLM on Smart Chain as seen in the image. I am sorry to say, the XLM token to which you swapped seems to be a fake token! Because

• The swap to the real XLM could be around 870 tokens and not 2043.
  • There are only 204 addresses holding this XLM token!

I suggest you always double check the token contract address before interacting with them. NEVER interact with unknown tokens.

3 Likes

@calune Even though “you” have authorized the transaction, since you have interacted with an unknown token, to be on the safe side, please refer to the following link:

2 Likes

So, I gave away XLM to this unknown address ?
But it still shows up on my meta mask ?

1 Like

Do you mean XRP?

When you swapped to this token, it was added to your address. But the value is zero.

To be on the safe side, please refer to the link I shared above.

2 Likes

Hey @calune,

Can you submit a ticket to the support team on this issue? You can contact the team at https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and click the blue button Start a conversation

3 Likes

Ok. I understand the mistake I made.
Now, I also understand XLM can not be held on MetaMask.

1 Like

Please open a ticket with the Support Team in this regard, via the link shared by @nakedwinnie.

3 Likes

I thought I have. I’m in a current discussion. I have one more question, does this mean my XRP account is incorrect or correct as well?

1 Like

Your XRP token on Smart Chain is correct. Its contract address is: 0x1D2F0da169ceB9fC7B3144628dB156f3F6c60dBE
You can check it on BscScan as well. Search the contract address I shared above and you can find the relevant information.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 29 days. New replies are no longer allowed.