401 unauthorized error on rinkeby testnet with RPC URL V2

I am unable to reply to the original post. And add image to this post.

https://community.metamask.io/t/401-unauthorized-error-on-rinkeby-testnet-with-rpc-url/20012

I want to clarify that I am unable to add the RPC URL of Rinkeby test network. (I don’t have a problem with adding Rinkeby test network).

When I go to my accounts > Settings > Network > Rinkeby Test Network > New RPC URL
The URL is just [https://rinkeby.infura.io/v3/ ] the project id is missing? How do I solve the New RPC URL?

Thank you in Advance. (I repeat, I don’t have problems adding the Rinkeby test network, I have a problem with the NEW RPC URL, the project iD is missing"). I want to add image, but there is error whenever I add image.

1 Like

whenever I add image to this post it says,
Sorry, you can’t embed media items in a post.

2 Likes

You need to read 30 posts in the forum and stay for 10 minutes before you can paste pictures, so during this period, you can also search for questions in the forum to see if it is helpful to you. :grinning:

2 Likes

Seriously? I would understand this on reddit, but on a technical community? :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:
Thank you very much for the info. I can’t seem to find any of that info from the community guidelines.

1 Like

We have technicians like @Luigi here. You can leave a message here and check it in a few hours. Due to the time difference, some technicians may be sleeping. When they wake up, everything will have a reasonable answer. :grinning:

4 Likes

You have two posts with the same content on different channels, I think you can delete one and keep the discussion in one thread

1 Like

I don’t think I earned enough “trust” to delete a post.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

On a tutorial I am following, I need to add the Rinkeby Test network RPC URL:
This is what my RPC URL looks like.

However, in the tutorial there is value.

Right now, it is a blocker for me because when I try to access the RPC,
it responds with a 401.

Does anyone understand why the RPC URL is missing some data? or does anyone knows why the response is 401?

Thank you in advance.

2 Likes
1 Like

hi @Mendo ,

I believe you have to have a project ID number, do you have one and you’re still getting this message?

If you don’t have a project ID, see this blog post:

3 Likes

Hi @KBeeTheCapybara ,

I already created an account in Infura.
You can see it below.

But in my metamask wallet, there is no project ID?

Also, rinkeby test network is locked, so I cannot manually add the project ID.

In this case, what is the process?
Thank you in advance.

2 Likes

Seems like an authorization issue. It could be that your browser’s cache and cookies are out of date. Can you try clearing your browser’s cache / browsing history.

Hope it helps.

5 Likes

Hi @Mendo ,

Can you try and put your project ID in the URL after the v3/ here as well as trying @Jenniferjen 's suggestion?

Let us know if that helps.

4 Likes

@KBeeTheCapybara , the New RPC URL is not modifiable on my metamask wallet? How can I edit it?

@Jenniferjen , cleared browsing data including the cache. Output is still the same. Please see below:

1 Like

probobly chrome have some problem recently

2 Likes

Yes, there have always been some issues with web browsers lately. Hope it gets resolved soon

1 Like

Hi @Mendo ,

Wanted to let you know on my side I’ve asked for guidance on this one. If someone is able to solve here, great! If not, I’ll be back once I hear something; thank you.

1 Like

Hi @Mendo !

Heard back, it doesn’t look like you added the key. You simply need to create a new network and make sure the rpc url is something like https://rinkeby.infura.io/v3/<insert_infura_project_id_here>

Let us know if you have any more questions!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.