Account missing on firefox

Hi all,
I had my account on metamask hooked to firefox. I had login and password remembered so it was always quick login. I did not enter it for a while but wanted to check on something again lately but after pressing the fox icon, the usual login button is replaced with create new account or enter passphrase button. It’s like the plugin was installed from start and everything is gone. I have no slightest memory of pass phrase like I never had any. This is weird, I have perfectly stored pass phrase for my cold wallet and for meta mask … nothing. The only thing that remains is my metamask API connected to my crypto app still showing my balances. How on earth do I regain control over my assets? I start to panick.

a follow up. taking into account that previously firefox saw my account, I assume this data must be stored somewhere on the computer. While trying to do vault decryptor. When I copy UUID it takes me to page create account hence doesn’t work. What is also weird, I can’t see any stored password on my firefox which I certaintly had saved there.

Hi @Astaciss you use Windows?

Try to find this folder:
C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxx.default-release\storage\default\moz-extension+++your MetaMask UUID^userContextId=xxxxxxxxxx

Search MetaMask Vault Data in these folders :upside_down_face:

1 Like

thanks. I was searching for this as well but at the end I found a seed phrase. account is now restored.

1 Like

Good job :slightly_smiling_face: keep your recovery phrase in a safe place (without internet).