Account unowned after recovering seed phrase

I wanted to change my password so I did by adding the seed phrase but after logging in my main account (with the assets) were gone.
it’s not a imported account and I’ve tried to add several accounts manually.
In the portfolio it shows the account and says it’s ‘unowned’

Can someone help me please?

2 Likes

Hi @Maureen and now it shows you Account 1 incorrectly? Did you get a new eth address?

3 Likes

Hi @Luigi,
Thanks for your response. That’s correct. Account 1 now has a different address. I’ve added multiple accounts to see if the right one appears.

1 Like

Hi, @Maureen . I suppose you created your account (the current seed phrase) in 2021 or earlier, or perhaps early in 2022, right? Oh, maybe some other account (seed phrase) was created within this timeframe? I had a similar issue a while ago. There are two possibilities: “jump in” and “jump out”. It seems to be a synchronization issue. It could concern either a Google account or an iPhone account. That’s what I have experienced myself.

Do you think you could save your hard disk to an external drive now?

I will provide you with steps to try to recover your account. I’m not sure it will work, but it’s worth a try.

4 Likes

Hi @MomOfTwins I wrote you a message on Telegram :smile:

1 Like

hi @MomOfTwins Yes, that’s correct. I would love to hear what opions there are to recover it. It definitely worth trying.

1 Like

Hi @Maureen . You can follow the steps in this link :

https://github.com/MetaMask/metamask-extension/issues/3127#issuecomment-1072775852

Do not hesitate to watch the YouTube tutorials I have provided in this guide. And feel free to ask questions if you have any issues. But please, give me feedback about whether it works or not. I would really appreciate knowing if all the long hours I spent editing this guide would help somebody!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.