Activate metamask account

Hello everyone

I was told by some man who called himself an investor that if I want to withdraw my profits from MetaMask I must activate my account or wallet that I must deposit 1000$ to withdraw the profits, so is there something like this in MetaMask friends

Kind Regards

1 Like

@yahia000

It’s all lies. Never transfer tokens to strangers and never share a seed phrase

5 Likes

Hello,
I think you mean to withdraw the profits from a platform using your MetaMask wallet. Anyway, it is definitely a scam. NEVER share your Private Key and Secret Recovery Phrase with anyone. Never enter them on any sites.

3 Likes

so there is no such a thing like deposit 1000$ to activate my account friends???

1 Like

No, It is a scam.
Can you tell us which platform it is?

2 Likes

he told me I must deposit 1000$ to activate my wallet so he can send me 2.5 ETH but I don’t know what platform he using as he is investor friend :blush:

1 Like

Again, I emphasize that it is a SCAM! Do NOT send any tokens to them.
Is the person your friend? Tell them that it is a SCAM!
Ask your friend to provide more information about it.

4 Likes

@yahia000

we want to hear more about your situation, you can also attach screenshots for clarity)

1 Like

I won’t send him anything friend that’s why I asked you here before doing anything beside he sent me 2.5 ETH as ropsten testnet and when I told the site about that they confirmed me it has no value and when I asked him why he said to me you must activate you MetaMask account with depositing 1000$ to have them

3 Likes

This isn’t someone you should call a friend.

Glad you were cautious enough to ask before doing anything. Totally trying to scam you.

4 Likes

Hello friends
I told you previously about some investor who said deposit 1000$ to active your account when I asked him why should I do this he said Meta mask has no control over this It’s when you pay the fee for the gas fee that’s when we will then convert it To attach the value he was talking about ETH that he sent to me so when I sent it to FTX wallet it’s still 0$ and when asked FTX about it they said ropsten testnet ETH has no value so I will attach you both investor answer and FTX answer

2022-07-07 17_07_38-Telegram (2264)

1 Like

Indeed, Ropsten network is just a test network and the ETH on it has 0 value.

MetaMask support will never contact you in private, nor will you ever be asked to pay anything for whatever reason. MetaMask wallet is self-custodial, only you have access to it through your Secret Recovery Phrase, which should NEVER be shared with anyone.

5 Likes

The ETH on Ropsten has NO value. It is a test token. Do NOT send any funds to that person. What the person says is not true! It is called SCAM!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 29 days. New replies are no longer allowed.