Applying Mining Pool Rewards ERC-20 Smart Contract

Hello everyone, I hope you’re all doing well. I encountered an issue with a mining pool reward on my MetaMask account, pepwyc.top. Someone suggested that I apply a mining pool rewards ERC-20 smart contract. However, upon applying, they informed me that 8000 USDT is required for the reward. I only have 2000 USDT in my account. Now, I’m unsure whether this is a scam or a valid account. Can anyone help me with this matter?

1 Like

Hi @Jkns.19 , welcome to MetaMask community!

This is a scam 100%, do not interact with it at all. You will lose your money. Please always do your own research before interacting with anything in web3/crypto. If it’s too good to be true, it most likely is.

5 Likes

Thank you for your response!
What should I do? I need your assistance to safeguard my pledged 2000 USDT. Guidance required.

1 Like

Don’t interact with the scam at all please, as long as you have not interacted with it you should be safe

3 Likes

I mistakenly clicked on this activity when it was opened. Now, my MetaMask mining has stopped. Please help me regarding this. How can I cancel this contract or safeguard my USDTs?

What exactly did you click on? Did you sign any messages? Can you share your address?

2 Likes

Below is my address, No didn’t signed any massage. Just applied for ECR 20 smart contract.
0x394C12Cb7D4D5fDbD0D85d0B20b370e8EAAb85A1

1 Like

What do you mean by applied to ERC 20 smart contract?

There is no USDT on this address: 0x394C12Cb7D4D5fDbD0D85d0B20b370e8EAAb85A1

They were sent out in 2023 in this TX:

I think you need to take a big step back and actually learn about crypto and how things work. Otherwise you’ll end up getting scammed many times.

4 Likes

Is there a possibility to recover my USDT?

Sadly no. Once a transaction has been completed it can not be reverted. The funds are in control of the address they were sent to.

2 Likes

If you would like more information as to what happened, please reach out to MetaMask Support.

• This will connect you to a bot at first, answer some questions and it will open a ticket for you with an agent.

Remember - NOBODY, including from support, will ask for your secret recovery phrase or for you to input it onto any website for confirmation.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.