Is it using ERC20 contract for the USDT transaction in MetaMask?

I failed to transferred my USDT from MetaMask account to CoinCola wallet. While I’m checking the transaction status, I was being asked if ERC20 contract has been applied…

1 Like

I can see that you are a novice. Don’t disclose your private key. What else do you need to ask? Can you be more specific

1 Like

thanks for your reminder, and yes, i’m fresh on that… how could i know if my transaction is using ERC20 contract or not…

The CoinCola said if it’s not using ERC20, my wallet wouldn’t be able to receive the USDT transferred from MetaMask… I’m confused now…

1 Like

Please check the chain at the top of your metamsk wallet. It shows that Ethereum is the ETH chain

1 Like

ERC20 is a set of compliances for tokens on Ethereum, and EVM compatible chains.
USDT is one example of an ERC20 token. (though confusingly it can also be a TRC20, or OMNI, depending on which blockchain its on. I’m guessing that’s what they’re actually asking about)

Do you have a transaction hash? That would help us look at both what blockchain you’re interacting with, and the details of the transaction, to see what we can help you figure out.

Here’s an article with a bit more info about how to read a block explorer:

5 Likes

Hash: 0x7d126766458f3cc4bcb65d6b30cd5a90aff829966ce28187e251733e1031bd69

The receiving side said they use ERC20 but the transferring side was using Avalanche Chain

I still couldn’t find my coin…please help , billion thanks!

Hi, i’ve been trading for 18 months. I am trying to reconcile 3 months transfers of USDT from my AcendEX wallet to my Metamask wallet. I can put up on screen the history of these transfers at AcendEX. But when I open my activity hotkey at Metatmask, there are no recent transfers to see coming in. I selected the ERC20 network. I have copies of my transaction hash, from my AcendEX records. thanks in advance for any guidance.

Please provide your transaction hash and I’ll check it for you. Thank you

1 Like

Hash: 0x7d126766458f3cc4bcb65d6b30cd5a90aff829966ce28187e251733e1031bd69

Avalanche Chain

Your funds have been transferred to the exchange. Since the other party only supports eth chain, your funds may not be found. You can try to communicate with the exchange and see if there is a chance.

1 Like

0xb977268d34031f7054ad88d3c6d74495f2db5e38f2cac4852f1be4cf72310d9e

Uploading: image.png…

On March 29th, the 15979usdt you transferred from ascend exchange to metamask has arrived at your address, but in the next few days, you had several contract interactions with this address 0x74de5d4fcbf63e00296fd95d333236b9794016631. From the chain, this address is very active, like the contract address of a DAPP application, not like the address of a liar. Think carefully. What did you do after the transfer?

3 Likes

Thank your for this info. Yes, I was quite active, more than I recollect. I had started to list these here- and in the process, I realized I have the means to go through my records and recreate an accounting for ETH and USDT, USDC . Thanks for your help. Don.

1 Like

Hi again. I have extracted a list of all of my transactions: (transfers and swaps) , for USDC, USDT, ETH. I am missing something, as I don’t end up with the same balances on hand as per my wallet. It would be a great help if I could get the full screen capture that you posted and/or where did you go to get it (I’m still a newby, so the concepts of DAPPS and the term ‘liar’ are not meaningful). I’m a simple guy, who has been actively selling off one currency I held in AcendEX, transferring the proceeds to my MM wallet and in the process - swapping one currency for ETH, in order to convert it into Thai fiat currency, on LocalCryptos. tia

ouch. been there done that (wrong wallet #) .

Take a look at this tutorial

1 Like

Hi @paddypower99 ,

It sounds like one of the things you’re looking for is how to see transactions on a blockchain explorer.

Check out this article from Knowledge Base . Also, a useful site if you use multiple networks is blockscan.com . You plop in your address and it will bring up various blockchain explorers of networks you’ve interacted with.

1 Like

Hi there again, the referral to a tutorial is great! Thanks and kind regards. Don.

1 Like

Have access to all my transactions. Thanks. It’s easy when you have a friend helping out.

3 Likes