Axie infinity: Ronin Bridge (Misstake)

Hi guys, I am having difficulties figuring out what… and if there a solution is!?

I have per accident send my ETH from Metamask directly to the well known:
Contract 0x1A2a1c938CE3eC39b6D47113c7955bAa9DD454F2 (Axie Infinitie: Ronin Bridge)

When I search my transaction (in Etherscan):
the Method is still on “Transfer” and
on OUT to the Contract address (mentionde above).

In some comments (in the support groups) I see that is impossible to get your ETH back and in other comments I see a lot off “Thank you” messages. I am confused butt still hopefull!

I see in some comments that members thank other members (who helped out) and for me…
It seems like they have managed to solve this issue!?

…If so could you please explain how to!

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @Denvey, welcome to the MetaMask Community! :fox_face:

Did you send your ETH from MetaMask directly to the contract address, or did you use the Bridge app? If you sent it directly, then unfortunately you cannot receive your funds back because tokens cannot be transferred directly from network to network.

Here is some more information on our Knowledge Base:

1 Like

Thank you! I was afraid so… Is there nothing what I can do ? Other than pray for a miracle :pray:

1 Like

You can try contacting the Axie team to see if there is anything they can do for you, other than that, let the prayers begin :pray:

1 Like

I have the same problem here.

I did use the bridge though, followed everything exactly as suggested, but once I approved the transfer, this is what I am left with… Can someone please guide me to how I can retrieve this?

Txn Hash - 0x8c5baed1d76d948c6f31e83fbf3f927fe7b1a6b56bb3a0d653425b91c82dd9cd

1 Like

Hey @WeAreApostles, welcome to the MetaMask community! :fox_face:

Please refer to the post above, if you have sent the tokens directly to the bridge contract, then they unfortunately cannot be retrieved.

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome!

See this is where I am confused. I put in the ronin address (including the “ronin:” before the address) and then went to transfer. I manually adjusted the gas down to the minimum, and then placed the order and upon completion got the previous hash.

I am not sure what went wrong or where, but I definitely didn’t send to the contract directly. I was sending it to my Ronin address.

Is there anyway we can see the history or what went wrong?

1 Like

I’m not sure what that means @jeanie - can you please provide some instruction for me on this?

1 Like

Did you use https://bridge.roninchain.com/ to transfer your funds over?

If so, check your Ronin wallet address to see if your funds are there.

1 Like

Yes, I used that bridge. There is nothing in my Ronin wallet - no RON, WETH, nothing.

1 Like

Did you get a confirmation screen when using the bridge? Something like this :point_down:

You can also search your Ronin address on https://explorer.roninchain.com/ to see if your ETH has been successfully bridged over.

2 Likes

I did not get a confirmation screen on the bridge. When I submitted the order on MetaMask the window closed out and nothing happened on the bridge. I then had to open MetaMask again to see that the funds were gone and saw the transaction history.

1 Like

What is your Ronin address that you have used on the bridge?

1 Like

It is ronin:50b3b8f1d3eb262dc3fd1efadf399568b8b3a9cd

I just talked with Ronin support and they gave me a suggestion as to what happened.

When you transfer money via MetaMask, it allows you to save the address it is being sent to and sometimes that address may not save correctly. I did this when I did the transfer, so there is a chance it stripped the “ronin:” and replaced it with the 0x.

This would make the most sense as I know that I input the correct address in the bridge.

2 Likes