【BUG】I can't connect metamask-iOS-v5.12.3 on iPhone (1033)

Steps to reproduce:

1. Using iPhone, upgrade MetaMask to v5.12.3
  2. Open the website:https://portfolio.metamask.io/
  3. Click Connect MetaMask
  4. Jump to the App Store, the connection cannot continue
2 Likes

Hi. Have you tried opening the Portfolio Dapp from MetaMask browser or from another browser independent of the app?

4 Likes

I opened it in Safari. And I just tried Chrome, it doesn’t work either.
You can try that too, it really doesn’t work.

Please use any browser except the one that comes with MetaMask. Because this bug is exactly in other browsers, iOS-MetaMask cannot be connected.

4 Likes

Easier to use the in-app browser from MetaMask. Usually, standalone browsers on mobile, depending on the dApp you’re accessing on them, will not redirect you to the MetaMask app, or connect you to it in any way because they expect to detect the MetaMask extension instead.

3 Likes

From the user’s point of view, he is running into a problem, which is very clear:
It is when I want to connect to MetaMask while browsing the web, but I cannot jump to iOS-MetaMask to connect to the wallet.

The reproduction steps of this bug, I wrote very clearly:
One of the most important ones is to upgrade the MetaMask in your iPhone, and then the function of connecting to the wallet will become invalid.

As long as you try it, you can find bugs. All Dapps cannot use the latest version of MetaMask to link wallets.

Whether this Dapp is from MetaMask official, or any Web3 project.
As long as you upgrade MetaMask for iOS, you will not be able to connect.

I believe that there is no bug in the browser opening links in MetaMask, but users don’t do it. Users will only use Dapp in familiar browsers, and iOS users can no longer connect to their accounts.

You can try it, it really won’t work. I have written the reproduction steps, you just have to try it to know that it is the problem of iOS-MetaMask.

2 Likes

The problem of Dapp not connecting to MetaMask happened after upgrading MetaMask for iOS.
It doesn’t work as long as you upgrade. I judge it to be an iOS bug.

1 Like

MetaMask connects to the Portfolio Dapp through the in-app MetaMask browser with ease. What you are referring to is connecting to MetaMask app while remaining in the standalone browser like Safari or Chrome. This isn’t a bug, it’s just not a feature. The same happens on Android too.
Please go to the #feature-requests-ideas category and make this a Feature Request, with all details you want included.

2 Likes

It really is a bug…Because before the upgrade, this function was already available, and all of this is normal.
Do you plan to no longer support any DAPP and external browsers from this version? Is this a confirmed official news?

2 Likes

No, it’s not confirmed official news.

It would be best if you contact Support team at https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and click Start a Conversation

support

Once you click Start a conversation a live chat bot will appear on your screen. It will give you an automated response at first, but afterwards you should be able to contact the support team directly.

3 Likes

hi, I just tried Chrome for iPhone and it works fine for me.

5 Likes

@tuya Just to make sure, is your MetaMask version v5.12.3?

2 Likes

yes. MetaMask v5.12.3(1033)

3 Likes

@tuya Hello, can you try using this link:

1. https:/ /c0f4f41c-2f55-4863-921b-sdk-docs.github.io/test-dapp/ (There is a space between /, please remove it. I can’t post the link.)
  2. Open it in Safari or Chrome, and click the button “Connect”.
  3. Check whether to jump to the App Store or to MetaMask to get wallet information?
1 Like

2 Likes

hi. Both my Chrome and Safari browsers can connect fine

4 Likes

Unbelievable that it works…
Everyone in our team can’t use it… :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

It is newly discovered that after the front-end development of our team is uninstalled and reinstalled, it can jump to MetaMask. But some of our team’s phones cannot be redirected.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.