Cannot send max token balance

As of this morning (7/16/2021) MetaMask has been unable to send any token when selecting MAX on my machine.

Browser: Chrome & Brave w MM extension v9.8.0
Network: Polygon

I have reproduced this with every token in multiple accounts on both Brave and Chrome browsers.

I have fully uninstalled MM on both browsers, restored from pass phrase and account imports, and re-imported all my tokens from addresses copied directly from Polygon scan and the issue is still present.

I have not attempted reproducing this on any network but Polygon frankly because I don’t feel like spending gas to debug MM.

I have made no changes to token addresses or decimals. Literally just woke up to a broken MM configuration.

If I truncate the decimal value it will send the token, however the MAX option always fails with

Warning! Error encountered during contract execution [ execution reverted ]

ERC-20 Token Transfer Error (Unable to locate corresponding Transfer Event Logs), Check with Sender.

If a developer would like to contact me direct on twitter or TG @defigjolund I would be happy to share txn id’s showing the error.

This does not feel like a “general” support issue, but I could not find a “bug” category on this forum.

2 Likes

Wow, this exact same issue started happening to me yesterday 15 July 2021. I also started testing on Polygon and like you, Max fails ever time with the error on polygonscan showing:

• Warning! Error encountered during contract execution [ out of gas ]
  • ERC-20 Token Transfer Error (Unable to locate corresponding Transfer Event Logs), Check with Sender.
1 Like

Are you also on linux?

I’m currently on Mac OS 11.3.1

1 Like

Any updates from the developers on this?

Its been a few days now and metamask is still broken without any acknowledgement that I can find from the dev team that this is even an issue.

Would just like to point out that there are people using metamask to move around huge chunks of money and issues like this erode confidence pretty quickly when left unaddressed.

If you are going to have a “community” forum that just goes ignored by the team then just shut this place down and spare people the frustration of shouting into the void.

If you wouldn’t mind searching for my tweet about this maybe we can get them to respond over there, because as far as I can tell they haven’t even acknowledged this is a bug and keep telling people to adjust their gas fees.

Its not even about the inconvenience, I am a dev of a defi project and our community groups are swamped with people freaking out about this issue because they think they are being hacked or the network is down.

Its a major fuck up and the silence from Metamask is pretty deafening.

I use metamask for a few dev wallets so I am not super impacted by this, but if I was using this product for anything significant I would seriously consider switching.

Still no developer response on this?

What is the purpose of this forum?

Are you able to send the “Max” if you manually enter the number?