Cannot send USDT/USDC from Metamask to Coinbase (ERC20)

Last week I sent USDT and USDC to Metamask on ERC20. I set up tokens and correct amounts now appear in the Metamask Etherium Mainnet wallet. When I attempt to send USDT and USDC to any exchange (Coinbase, Binance, AscendEX), I am able to select the token, enter an amount, but “max” and “Next” are greyed out. It is not possible to advance beyond this. The receiving address is an ERC20 address. I have tried this with “connected” and not “connected” to the receiving address. What is happening? I am using Metamask extension on Brave, Mac OS 10.13.6

2 Likes

I have the exact same issue. I can transfer Ethereum tho… But usdt is impossible

1 Like

I tried shutting down all applications on the mac and then restarting. Same thing… can’t move USDC/USDT. Tried using Binance Bridge to move to BSC but it refused and told me to move it within the wallet. Researching that now.

2 Likes

Yes, I’m new to this. It was all my fault. I didn’t have any ETH in the account to pay for gas fees. It now works. Please disregard the above.

2 Likes

Did you solve the problem yet. I have the same problem.

The problem was that There was a zero balance of ETH in the wallet, attempting a transaction was not permitted because the gas could not be paid

1 Like

Hi ! Same problem but i have enough eth for the gas fee. But is does not send the usdt. I’ve tried everything. Same network ERC20-to ERC20. i have enough eth for the transaction fee but still i can’t send usdt.

Please Help !

For those who are still struggling with this issue, please open a support ticket via the support link on the MetaMask app or extension wit share sensitive info such as wallet’s public address. and screenshots of the transaction confirmation screen.

so how do you softitout

Hello @annavillanueva, welcome to the MetaMask community,

In order to do any transactions using your wallet (including sending the tokens) you need to have the native token of the network in your wallet to pay the gas fee.
For example, if you would like to send USDC on Ethereum network, you need to have ETH to pay for the gas fee.
In case you need further assistance in this regard, please let us know.

1 Like