Can't find how to use MetaMask Vault Decryptor

Hello,

So recently MetaMask kind of disconnected from one of my Chrome profile. Icon disapeared, and MetaMask extension said it was corrupted. I don’t have my seed with me, so I need to find a way.

So the first thing I tried was to try to use the MetaMask Vault Decryptor : https://support.metamask.io/hc/en-us/articles/360018766351-How-to-use-the-Vault-Decryptor-with-the-MetaMask-Vault-Data

Here’s the issues I have :

• First, I tried to directly upload the “00005” file from “C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 3\Local Extension Settings\nkbihfbeogaeaoehlefnkodbefgpgknn” to the MetaMask Vault Decryptor

But … : “Can not read vault from file”

Then I tried to get the data directly from the file, by opening it as a .txt. But file seems crypted. This “microsoft access record-locking information file” is maybe the main issue ?

What can I do ?

EDIT : I just figured out that the .txt is supposed to have uncrypted infos. But this file is now blank, I suppose it has been overwritten when I clicked “restore” when MetaMask asked. If infos can’t be extracted from crypted files then I suppose I can’t get the wallet back

Perhaps @Luigi can help here.

1 Like

Yes I read a lot of topics where @Luigi was helpful

But after a few hours, I unfortunately had the impression that when I clicked “restore” on MetaMask when it asked because of the “corrupted” thing, it overwrote the file containing the vault. The folder now contains the default files, without vault data.

I tried disk drill but without success :frowning:

1 Like

Please, contact the support team as follows.

Remember - NOBODY, including from support, will ask for your secret recovery phrase or for you to input it onto any website for confirmation.

1 Like

Thanks but I don’t think support can help

1 Like

Hi!
You could try Recuva, as explained here: :point_down:

Recover/copy the files with vault data

(existing and deleted)

3.1. Run Recuva :arrow_right: Cancel :arrow_right: Options :arrow_right: Actions Tab :arrow_right: Choose all cases :heavy_check_mark: It’s a very important step. :warning::warning: :warning:

3.2. Scan :arrow_right: Scan content with \"salt in all *.* files :arrow_right: Scan :warning: :warning:

:clock1130: It can take a few hours :clock1130:

3.3. Once finished, press the Recover button and choose the location on your External Drive. Then create a new folder, for example “Vault data found”

:clock1130:

It was the most important part, saving the data. You can now take a break from here. :coffee:

Visual: :point_down: For a better resolution and the pause option: https://youtu.be/CUiXp6vrdk0

Step 3

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.