Custom tokens are showing zero balance after adding a new custom token

I swapped my BSC to MIST. The transaction was successful. However, after adding the token to Metamask, all of my custom token balances went to zero.

Anyone experiencing the same issue?

2 Likes

Nice try with the whatsapp number. Thanks. But no, thanks. Hahahaha!

1 Like

Check you wallet in BSCscan and see if you can see your tokens there. You can also see all transactions from your wallet. For the token transactions, check the BEP20-Tokens tab. IF you don’t know how to check, please give your public wallet address and I can check.

1 Like

@Petricky you are lying :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: please one BANana for this boy.

Banana

Some of the tokens that are relatively new or have low liquidity often show zero balance in the wallet. This is probably not a MetaMask issue, but more with the tokenomics and integration with MetaMask.

As @cbayschm mentioned, check your wallet address on BSCScan. You’ll most likely see a correct balance there.

Thanks for your reply. I can see that it went in after the swap (using pancake swap). However, after I added MIST to Metamask as a custom token, my ITAM balance went to zero. My MIST token is also showing zero balance.
I can also see that it went out to another address after I added MIST to metamask. Please refer to the screenshot.

It seems like you’ve sent or swapped that with another token.

That’s the thing. I’m sure that I did not. It is also not showing on my matamask’s current activities.

Could it be you where hacked? If it’s not in your activities and your coins are being sent to another wallet could be that someone got hold of your private key or recovery phrase??

It went out to the contract address of MIST and ITAM upon checking the transaction This is so weird. And this only happened after I added MIST to metamask as a custom token. Please note that the ITAM balance is correctly showing before I added MIST as a custom token. Here is my public ID so you can check the transaction.

0x4b4A65f963Af1BD57dD415d56997e64FD337242B

same!
what happened to me was i transfered SKILL token from my main account to my 2nd account.
right after the transaction is completed i noticed that SKILL is not yet added as custom token on my 2nd account so i added it…
its still showing zero till now and its almost 1hour.
i checked the address on bscscan and its the same.
i tried logging off and llogging back in but its still not showing the token i sent.

can someone help me with this?

Same.

I had swapped eth to GRPFT. All of a sudden the GRPFT coins are moved to some wallet without my consent and it is an ERC 20 wallet and address does have the only token that’s mine. Stats report doesn’t say anything about the wallet address the coins are moved to. HELP!

yeah, not sure what’s going on. it doesn’t look like a typical hack.

I still see the token is sitting in the wallet my tokens are transferred to. “Download states” does not say anything about this transaction. I really think it is a technical glitch. How can I get in touch with the support please help :pray:

If it is a glitch it looks like a Mist problem, not Metamask, so I would try to contact Mist support. I don’t think Metamask will help with this, but you can try.

To get Metamask support you can do it from inside Metamask:

Thank you! How can I contact Mist then? I’m sorry if this was a dumbest Q. And like I said I have been trying to contact MM but I have failed reaching them on Twitter (I get automated tweet) and I get summary (email) and that’s it.

1 Like

@Kate is this website a legit one? I have lost enough money while bringing my tokens back to my account. I’m sorry just wanted to be double sure about what I’m going to do. Because the website does ask me to put my seed code. So!

@Achutha90 STOP man :see_no_evil: don’t give your seed to anyone

It happened again with my shiba token! The token has been sent to some wallet and it has nothing but shib tokens. My transition history says in negative like (-400$). Please help I’m really scared why the heck it’s happening to my account.

Sincerely,
Achutha

It happened again with my shiba token! The token has been sent to some wallet and it has nothing but shib tokens. My transition history says in negative like (-400$). Please help I’m really scared why the heck it’s happening to my account. Please help me I’m literally crying

Sincerely,
Achutha