Data corrupted because of storage limit message

I’m trying to log into my MM on mobile and it’s saying there was a storage issue and that my data gas been corrupted. It says I need to uninstall then reinstall and use my seed phrase to restore. Has anyone ever encountered this issue? Just has me worried and I don’t want to do the wrong thing. Thx!,

Did you get a response to this, I have the same issue.

Yes I did finally. But I had already fixed it. I just uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. Then I restored my wallet with my seed phrase. Make sure you are getting the right app and not some scam app. I went straight to Metamask official website. Make sure the little lock is up top in the address bar. I always use a vpn when doing just about anything especially whrre crypto is concerned for whatever that’s worth. Just an added layer of protection. Just another little tidbit is never click on google ads even if it says it’s what you’re looking for. You may already know all this I just felt it was a good idea to state those things.

Thank you very much, that’s solved the problem.

No problem, glad that sorted it out! Always nerve wracking doing stuff like that lol. Be careful out there!

Hey fellow community members, I have the same issue. What did each of you do exactly?

I have 2 options that sound like what you describe:

1. I can offload the app (it’s called “offload”) in my settings while saving the documents and data of the app, and then I can reinstall the app in the App Store.
  2. I can press “Reset Wallet” on the Metamask app as it says to set up a new wallet (without being able to download state logs as some article recommended you do in the app before resetting. I can’t do that because I can’t log in to the metamask app at all).

Did you just offload the app (and ask to save the data on the app by offloading but not deleting the app, which would delete the data) and then reinstall the app in the App Store?
That’s what it sounds like you’re describing, but I just wanted to make sure that’s what you’re describing because I want to make sure I do the best thing to not have any issues with restoring the wallet.

It seems to me that offloading the app and reinstalling is a safer option than resetting the entire wallet, but I want know whether you agree.

Did any official administrator or team member provide you with any instructions or advice? Or you just tried it yourselves?

Do you have any idea how to prevent this from happening?

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks.