Storage limit issue with metamask

Yesterday when I try to login with my fingerprint Metamask asks for my password, then displays a error message about storage being corrupt./full .After clearing the data and restoring the seed phrase all works fine , i had to add manually the tokens , mu question its normal ? Should I worry ? Might be scam or just a bug ?

7 Likes

Welcome to the MetaMask Community @Cezar!! :fox_face: :rocket:

This is a known issue with the mobile app that our developers are working to resolve. Itā€™s common for users who hold a large variety of tokens and/or NFTs. Just as you did, uninstalling, reinstalling, and restoring your wallet is exactly the correct workaround.

Thank you for your patience as we work to improve this!

4 Likes

Thank you for your answer .

3 Likes

This is a scary issue where uninstalling on the phone you could lose data. So uninstall donā€™t delete? Because Iā€™ve uninstalled and reinstalled with no results

3 Likes

Iā€™ve done this with no avail. Should I permanently delete the wallet and import with seed phrase

4 Likes

I have attached an image below with my metamask problem, but if you canā€™t see that, Iā€™ll say it is saying:
ā€œMetamask encountered an error due to reaching a storage limit. The local data has been corrupted. Please reinstall Metamask and restore with your seed phrase.ā€

Should I just press reset and follow instructions?
I saw in a help article that youā€™re supposed to ā€œdownload state logsā€ before resetting. I canā€™t do that because I canā€™t get in the metamask wallet. Should I proceed to reset anyway?

And how do I prevent this from happening again?

3 Likes

Welcome to the community, @Daroitburt ! This is a known issue with the mobile app that our developers are working to resolve. Itā€™s common for users who hold a large variety of tokens and/or NFTs. Just as you did, uninstalling, reinstalling, and restoring your wallet is exactly the correct workaround.

Thank you for your patience as we work to improve this!

4 Likes

Pls Iā€™ve just experienced the same missing tokens as my wallet address has changed to a new one and I donā€™t know how to retrieve my old ETH and Chainlink tokens.

Furthermore, I have tried to create new accounts, and I have tried to add my missing tokens through the custom tokens option etc but I still no positive outcome.

3 Likes

I just got the storage limit erra and I reinstalled metamask put my 12 word phrase and it showed my balance was zero and had no tokens and my address was different plz help recover my account and money

3 Likes

Hi, I have the same problem,
Android 9, MM 2.6.0
Are you expecting to solve it?
I havenā€™t been able to restore the account in another wallet, could you please help use fixing it? Thank you

3 Likes

Same problem for me: ā€˜MetaMask encountered an error due to reaching a storage limitā€™
I am too scared to wipe the original data.
I have made a backup of the app files just incase.
I have used the recovery seed but it gives me an empty ETH wallet!

I tried to import other eth wallets but I donā€™t have the json file or private key. Perhaps I can extract it from the app data files?

3 Likes

Just wondering if you managed to look for a workaround on this?

3 Likes

Any updates? Iā€™m having this exact issue very frequently now, and I only own around 6 different tokens.

4 Likes

It was NOT known to me, and I lost my seed phrase at same time from some sort of glitch. What can I do??

3 Likes

METAMASK HELLO please answer the question

3 Likes

I am now thinking of just putting my phone in storage for a few years and buying a new one.

Then when the value of the crypto has risen enough, I will pay a forensic expert to recover / restore the phone to its state just before the ā€œstorage limit issueā€ occured.

3 Likes

I do not want to enter my keys into that generator and create a few hundred accounts and add the tokens manually.

Also, Iā€™m not 100% confident I have the correct seed phrase.

Finally, I believe my correct seed phrase is in the corrupted data files of the MM app on my iphone.

I just need to recover this dataā€¦

3 Likes

When do you guys have the update? I lost my seed phase but I still havenā€™t reinstalled it yet? Is there any other way I can log in?
IOS 13.4.1, MM 3.2.0

3 Likes

Only update from me is that I am talking with a crypto recovery company.

I have also bought a new phone and Iā€™m retiring the one with the crypto on, so as to increase the chances of recovering the SSD forensically.

3 Likes

Will there be a bug fix for Android phone users in the future?

4 Likes