ETH disappeared! Thoughts?

Hello,

Can someone help me? I’ve got some ETH in my Metamask wallet, and all of a sudden, they’re gone. Just disappeared! Then, I found the hash:

0x19cd14428f86073704a0a2c1c7ddd4c1b26ece91d4f67a73c7ec7c5db7dfa343

That was yesterday, today I put more eths in the metamask wallet, and they disappeared again, and they was sent to the same ID.

that’s the hash of the transaction that happened today:

0x8fe151dd2c2585bf9035d0b244239d790a2647ae374583e4ba9ac6cd1c56bf22

Both of them were sent to this ID: 0xd0a036d9e700a203477a3e99b9b032e9d14f8fc9

Looking into the comments in his bio, you can see that has more ppl claiming they tokens back!

What can I do? What did he do? If I can’t get my money back, what I have to do to stop with this?

Thank you!

1 Like

thank you. I’ll try that.

Do not contact the Whatsapp number, this is a scam!

1 Like

This does look like your account was hacked some way.

Someone got hold of your private key or recovery phrase. Did you put your recovery phrase into a webpage or someone ask you to put it into a website? there are a lot of phishing scams going around. People saying they are support and asking you to put your secret phrase into their scam webpages.

If not it could be a virus or malware that hacked your computer.

You need to try to figure out how you got hacked, so you can understand what happened so it doesn’t happen again.

I would also recommend you buy a hardware wallet, which you can use in Metamask, it makes it much more difficult for scammers to get you, since the hardware wallet keeps the private keys of your wallets inside, and you need to accept all transactions on the wallet for them to be accepted, so it is much safer to use. It is a 100-150 dollar investment that is completely worth it if you plan to keep money in crypto.

And last, never keep you recovery phrase in a computer, mobile phone, etc. write it down on paper, and keep it offline in a safe place.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll try that.