ETH not showing up in my metamask wallet balance. NEED HELP!

Hi, i bought 0.027 worth of ETH and it’s showing the transaction was a succes on etherscan. The transaction also shows up in my MetaMask transaction history as a succes. But it is still not showing up in balance. No transactions have gone out. So, its strange and MetaMask helpdesk isn’t helping me out so far. It’s been a week now.

My public adress:
0x6d858812217134d41af8f9d62611c7c0d2ea2d84

Transaction hash:
0xdb57ba53b4d82eb27840015e933448e0af0201f5a994fe40cfcc232625353a32

1 Like

Hi friend! The 0.027 ETH that you received were instantly sent out to another address in this TX:

If you didn’t execute the transfer yourself then that means your address is infected with a sweeper bot.
You should NOT send any further funds to any of your addresses connected to the same seed phrase or that is likely to result in further losses

You can learn more about what a sweeper bot is here:

4 Likes

If the articles aren’t sufficent for you to know what to do now, then feel free to get in touch with the MetaMask support team. They can guide you on how to move forward, but the 0.027 ETH are lost and not retrieveable.

To get in touch with the MetaMask support team, follow the steps below:

• This will connect you to a bot at first, answer some questions and it will open a ticket for you with an agent.

Remember - NOBODY, including from support, will ask for your secret recovery phrase or for you to input it onto any website for confirmation.

3 Likes

Thanks for looking. I see now aswell. Do you think its best just to delete this wallet adress. I dont plan to use it anymore now ahaha… I don’t see how they could have gotten my private key. But i’ve learned now hot wallets are not that great probably for me. Thanks!

1 Like

HI @Xhale
Just contact the MetaMask support team like @2Cu4 advised above, the team will guide you further.

3 Likes

No worries! From my understanding sweeper bots can ‘infect’ a seed phrase, so any wallet addresses generated from the infected seed phrase can be at risk. It’s always worth to get in touch with the support team to find out what exactly went wrong that made you get exploited.

If you have no other funds connected to the seed phrase that is currently infected, then it would make sense to simply generate a new seed phrase, but I do suggest that you do the following:

1. Do not send any further funds to any of the addresses connected to the seed phrase
  2. Get in touch with the MetaMask support team.
  3. Follow what is suggested in this article: https://support.metamask.io/hc/en-us/articles/360052511372-I-ve-been-hacked-scammed-unauthorized-transactions-on-my-account-
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.