Failed transaction - tokens gone from wallet

I sent all my tokens from my Harmony wallet to Binance. The transaction FAILED due to insufficient gas. My error for sending MAX amount. The amount sent is now missing from my wallet; the transaction ID hasn’t been finalised (unable to click this on MetaMask). I’ve tried to retry the transaction with higher gas (and by transferring more ONE into my wallet to cover this). No luck.

The following error keeps coming up:
rpc error with payload
nonce too low

Again, I can’t copy the transaction ID as it’s faded out and unclickable in MetaMask.

How can I resolve this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I’ve done those Steps already:

Step 1: I’ve tried to resolve this by sending another transaction with the same nonce number (210) and with higher gas. No luck. It comes up with rpc error with payload.

Step 2: Clear browser cache, delete Harmony Network from MetaMask and readd. I then went to MetaMask > Settings > Advanced > and Clear activity and nonce data. Attempted to redo Step 1 Transaction failed immediately.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

hi @sonicishes
first, search “Harmony” on chainlist, add other rpc to your wallet.
then, check your wallet on explorer. If there is a pending transaction, follow the steps below to cancel it.

4 Likes

Thanks for your tips. Following your instructions, I’ve added both Harmony RPCs to my wallet. Checked both addresses on both RPC for a pending transaction. There is none.

I have also gone to MetaMask activity, and added my address. They say ‘no transaction found’. They do not offer Harmony as a network (I’ve also attempted this with Ethereum. The activity is happening on the Harmony network).

Other options?

3 Likes

If the transaction fails, the token will stay in your wallet. Can your token balance be displayed correctly now?

If there are no pending transactions on Harmony explorer, you should be able to transfer again. Please reserve enough ONE as gas.

see if it works.

5 Likes

I just attempted to send 0 with a higher gas with a new nounce (211). It worked. When I resend with nonce 210, it fails immediately. That is the transaction that contains the token that I sent on MAX. It is missing from my wallet. The transaction was faded out on MetaMask, but on Harmony blockchain it is: 0xafed1542055749dccb24b25d653d4d17ca6c35f63cc5f3c6ed87684244391c2a

3 Likes

hi. there are no pending transactions on your account, so there is no need to use nounce to cancel.

your initial transaction has been sent successfully, it was sent to this address, 94479.9132 ONE
one format : one14vfnk245674l2k6gq7uh83upwns4xurdxe5z49
eth format : 0xAb133b2AB4d7AbF55b4807b973C78174E153706D

An earlier transaction was sent to this address, 5973.7156 ONE
one format : one1yr4tk97pgjp25lraay8t99cggrrmnkxf9632x4
eth format : 0x20eabB17C14482AA7c7De90eB2970840C7B9d8c9

please check your Binance account.
The error message you see may just be a display bug.

5 Likes

What is the TxtID of this transaction? I am well and truly puzzled as the transaction failed, the transaction ID was faded out and unclickable on MetaMask, and yet you say it shows up on the blockchain. So again, what was the TextID of that?

3 Likes

hi. harmony has 2 address formats: ONE and ETH
explorer.harmony.one

You can view the record by pasting your address here.
btw, I only wrote ONE format in the above content. I will also write eth format.

3 Likes

You can see my failed transaction here. The address in THAT is very different to where the transaction ended up in. Therefore it is not on Binance’s side. This is on MM. The transaction failed, and went to a different address than the one that was pasted in. Refer to picture.

3 Likes

well, this is really weird.
From your picture I can see that the address you want to send to is
0x20eabB17C14482AA7c7De90eB2970840C7B9d8c9

But it finally arrived : 0xAb133b2AB4d7AbF55b4807b973C78174E153706D

I don’t know what happened either. Hope someone else here can help you. :pray:

or you can contact the support team

• This will connect you to a bot at first, answer some questions and it will open a ticket for you with an agent.

Remember - NOBODY, including from support, will ask for your secret recovery phrase or for you to input it onto any website for confirmation.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.