Transaction stuck pending, cannot be cancelled

Hey everyone. I’m new around and I have an issue that (I think) will prevent all the future transactions to go through.

I bought an NFT on OpenSean (I’ve done this many times with no issues) and for some reasons 2 transactions were created:
1 was successful - 0xf1afe4eb360f00c742192c147935118d87756907ad9f09787400a9dd6244fa38
2 is stuck - 0xa4ee107730bde3a6664c246574d73adb573c17d7734ea67adf653c6a0f572059

The second transaction does not seem to exist in Etherscan either.
The second transaction does also not appear in my MetaMask mobile app.

On top of that, I don’t seem to be able to cancel it even though I have money to cover the cost, MetaMask does not give me the option to.

I attach 3 screenshots from the MetaMask extension in Chrome

Thank you for the support everyone.

3 Likes

Hey @Fabbrogas, if you want to continue with canceling your transaction, please follow these steps in our Knowledge Base here:

2 Likes

@nakedwinnie
As you can see, I don’t have the option to either cancel or speed up the transaction even though I have enough funds in my wallet.
This technically is not even a transaction. The transaction is already completed and I also received the asset, as you can see in my first screenshot.

2 Likes

Try Method 2 or 3 in the article I previously linked, either a wallet reset or another transaction with a custom nonce.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks, i’ll take a look at it!

1 Like

It worked updating the nonce!
Thanks! @nakedwinnie

1 Like

1 Like

@nakedwinnie any idea why this might be happening again?
I minted a couple of NFTs and they came in properly but the transaction got duplicated again.
I can go ahead and do the “custom nonce” trick again, but do you have any idea why this is happening? Any way to prevent that? I’d love to not spend fees to send money to myself just to fix this

Thank you!

1 Like

Hmm, this is odd :thinking:

Not sure why this issue is continuing, please submit a ticket to our support team here:

https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and click Start a Conversation

They will be with you as soon as they can!

1 Like