Pending transaction can't be stoped with nonce

Hello, I tried to change WETH to ETH my transaction got “stuck” and I first tried to upgrade it and pay the higher gas fees. This didn’t work either so I tried to cancel the transaction, when I received a error message “transaction failed”. Now the transaction is still pending and I cant stop it.
I tried the trick with adjusting the nonce, but unfortunatelly even though I activated it in the settings, the option is still not available once I want to send a transaction.

Can anyone please help mit with that Issue?
Thanks a lot!!

I’m on metamask version: 9.4.0

I have got the same issue, can anyone give me the solution?

Hello , welcome to metamask community

1 Like

Hello!
You can try with the steps from this article How to speed up or cancel a pending transaction

When cancelling a transaction with the Custom Nonce method you need to first make a self transaction, and make sure to type in the same Nonce as the one the stuck/pending transaction has. This is very important.
And then you can increase the gas fees, to be higher than your previous transaction. You can check the current gas fees, on the network’s gas tracker.

1 Like

I’ve tried exactly the same thing you just said, but the transaction gets failed.
I had pending transactions earlier and the custom nonce thing was perfectly working.

This is the first time, A transaction got stuck for 5 hours.

1 Like

Maybe the network is busy at the moment and the gas fees are higher than usual. Aslo, is the transaction pending on the blockchain explorer or just in your MetaMask wallet?

1 Like

tx/0x9979a3aa706ec9586b2239302f962fa60c2aafee42292f738223ff1622783a00

This is the transaction - Pls look into it. Can’t post links…

Sure thing, but on which network did you initiate the transaction, because I cannot seem to find it on Etherscan, BSC scan or Polygon?

1 Like

Ethereum Chain, Pls check etherscan

2 Likes

You need to wait for the gas to drop before the transaction is processed for you

1 Like

Ok, you can try to initiate a self transaction, from yourself to yourself amount 0 ETH and for the gas fees put in 30%higher than the values you have set in the pending one. The pending one has Max and Max priority fee 18gwei. Gas limit 30000 and most important Nonce 504.
Or yes, you can wait until the network is not so busy and the gas fees drop.

1 Like

Did exactly what you said, still this is what i get. Failed.

1 Like

And now the transaction is stuck in your wallet’s activity, right? Because I do not see it on the Blockchain explorer.

2 Likes

3acff467b888a3ff1ad5a15dbef12503
The moment i click on confirm, it fails and i see this.

1 Like

Ok, so in order to get rid of those stuck transactions in your wallet, you need to simply reset your account → check this article for guidance How to reset your account
But first make sure you have your Secret Recovery Phrase and password safely stored.

And then maybe wait for the gas fees to drop for that pending transaction from the blockchain explorer to go through.

1 Like

I reset the account first then tried the nonce method.
I’ve replaced pending transactions earlier but never had such a problem.
This is the first time I’m facing such an issue.

1 Like

This is maybe because the gas fees are a bit high at this moment, check the Ethereum gas tracker.
The base fee is currently 56gwei and your pending transaction has 18gwei.

4 Likes

Do you suggest the Priority Gas fee be 60 GWEI?

EDIT: I just did that, wow… and it’s canceled.

Thank You so much <3

2 Likes

Great, I also checked on the Blockchain explorer and it worked. Happy to hear that :slight_smile: You’re welcome.

3 Likes