So since this morning my MetaMask does not launch on firefox,

I have somme error message “Impossible to start MetaMask, restart”,
Same thing when I restart MetaMask,

I ran a full cclean and restarted the pc,
I don’t know what to do else,

Please advise,

Thanks,

3 Likes

Hi @affou do you have a MetaMask seed phrase?

4 Likes

I do but I don’t have the private key

Secret Recovery Phrase (SRP) is enough to restore your wallet. However, if you have imported other accounts using Private Keys, you need to have those Private Keys as well.
It is better, first to Install your wallet on a new browser using the SRP. If you do NOT have any imported accounts, after making sure that the SRP you have backed up is correct, you can install it again on Firefox.

4 Likes

Is there any plan to update MetaMask on firefox ?
I guess we are thousands in this situation, and I don’t want to input my seedphrase if there is another way,

Thanks

The latest update of 10.34 has fixed issues on Firefox, let us know if you continue to have any issues!

4 Likes

Hi, on my side the issue is still here even after the 10.34 update

1 Like

Sorry to hear, please reach out to MetaMask Support.

• This will connect you to a bot at first, answer some questions and it will open a ticket for you with an agent.

Remember - NOBODY, including from support, will ask for your secret recovery phrase or for you to input it onto any website for confirmation.

2 Likes

Seeing the same issue with MetaMask add-on 10.34.0 on Firefox 116.
I tried that “Start a Conversation” button, but I am greeted by a bot which gives me only unrelated options - like how to use MetaMask, but not what to do when it doesn’t even start!

Hey hmhm,

So I started a conversation with a MM agent (you need to answer a few questions to the bot before you can talk with a real agent),

According to the agent this issue should be solved in the next MM update which should be delivered in ± 1 month,

Let’s hope they deliver :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @hmhm, as stated by @affou above, you need to answer a few questions from the bot first before being connected to a live agent.

2 Likes

Thank you @affou for reporting back. Yeah, let’s hope .
@nakedwinnie , what am I supposed to do if there’s nothing related to my problem? keep an unrelated conversation going with the bot hoping for something to change at some unknown future point? Sorry, but that’s pretty unhelpful.

In fact, can you point out what options in the chatbot menu could have made sense in this case?

Insist on bot questions with your issue and you should be able to get through. You won’t be left with the bot only. You can go past it.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.