Metamask had trouble starting

Unfortunately, the error has occurred just like below - Firefox browser
obraz

I’d not care much, but of course I didn’t write down the seeds…
The question is what I’m supposed to do. Wait for update from Firefox/MetaMask? I’d been trying to delete cookies/catche, even system restoration or delate last firefox update, but it didn’t help.
I remember my password, but it gives me nothing for now.
Also, I spent some time to restore the wallet by vault decryptor, but it doesn’t look so smooth like in a guide. In my file, there are spaces between signs like: ( " d a t a " : " O k g q n 6 g + 3 e V M O F A o u g k […} d s + U 1v 0 e 1 7 A j Z M 1 / h 2˘Řa M 8 B P i i B 1 k L K O Y v E P H 2 W E L g 7 W Q f IHP dnIô…), some of them are unreadable, so I’m not sure if there are some chances to restore.
I know there was similar topic, but it wasn’t resolved. Maybe some news about this issue?
Please advise.

Hi friend! @Panswir Welcome to the MetaMask community forums!
I would personally suggest that you reach out to MetaMask’s support team for more professional help at https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and then click on “Start a conversation”. Once you click Start a conversation a live chat bot will appear on your screen. It will give you an automated response at first, but afterwards you should be able to contact the support team directly.

6 Likes

I was able to find this: https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018766351-How-to-recover-your-Secret-Recovery-Phrase
Is this relevant to you?
Please proceed at your own risk as I’m not familiar with the methods mentioned in the article.

Best regards
2Cu4

6 Likes

Hello,
Yes I’ve tried the recovery. The first method didn’t work. The second one, as mentioned I’m unable to recover the code that showed up.
By the way, I spotted, that firefox works awful, eats a lot of CPU and RAM. Maybe that’s the reason why MetaMask cannot launch… I’m gonna try to catch the support team anyway…

Thanks for help

2 Likes

Hi @Panswir yeah firefox eats a lot of RAM memory :smile: the file you have is .sqlite?

5 Likes

Hi Luigi, actually it is “.file”, but when I was looking for once again I found .sqilt file too. Even there is a word “keyring” in the code. However, it is definitely shorter and there is a missing bracket “}”. Looks like the code is cut… The date of the files modification (both) 3 Dec. about 12:30 would coincide with the timing of my problems.

1 Like

OK what are the names of these files? Don’t you just have a file with a number?

Something like this? :point_down: 709…

4 Likes

Exactly, that the first file and the second one:

If you only have a file with a number :point_down: try my instructions :grin:

I also write instructions for the .sqlite file :smile: It will take a while.

5 Likes

Thank you so much! I’ll check it out. Nothing to lose anyway!

If you didn’t know something :slightly_smiling_face: write to me on telegram.
You can find my telegram nick in my profile.

6 Likes

Took a while and I’ve got the seed. Thank you!
It ain’t much, but grab some eth. Should be enough for large coffee! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@Panswir I’m glad that my instruction helped you :slightly_smiling_face:

That will be quality coffee :coffee: for 50 USD :smile: thank you for donating.

coffee-good-morning

6 Likes

Amazing work on the solution, @Luigi :heart_eyes_cat:

5 Likes

Thanks @snwlprd.eth :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes