First time lost money but I learned from experience

Today I spent some money and learned my experience. I clicked on the link to go to a website with a similar name to some well-known website, but it is not, it is fake, once you enter, you will be required to authorize and then transfer the money away immediately, everyone should be careful in the future.

Whether MetaMask can remind the user in different ways in the authorization contract and transfer amount, such as changing the background color, or other, to protect the wallet user.

1 Like

Hi @moneysky ,

So sorry this happened to you. If you’d like to report the website, see how you can here:

When you say “changing the background color, or other” can you give more details to what you are thinking for the process?

3 Likes

For example, if you are interacting with a contract the background will be displayed in blue, and if you are transferring money to someone, the background will be changed to red

1 Like

Gotcha. So even if it’s not colors, something that makes it really clear with what you are doing. Would you want to submit this as a feature request?

3 Likes

Hi KBee,

i want to know if smart contract are automatically established by the ethereum community. as i had 7905 usdt in my account. and suddenly smart contact initiated. however the contract amount is 30000 usdt and return is 8 eth. i want to know what will happen if the contract amount is not fully accumulated. or it is somekind of scam. i dont know it was my first time.

1 Like

Hey @ahsley27, I would suggest reaching out to the support team at support.metamask.io about this

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply. I have initiated the ticket. Waiting for the reply.

How can I check if any dapp has access to my wallet.

2 Likes

You can use a block explorer to check and revoke approvals.

Here is more information on our Knowledge Base:

1 Like

Thanks!!

What I see here is. Any idea? If am I the part of a scam.

1 Like

This is definitely a scam. Please revoke the approval and follow any further instructions you receive from the support team once they reply to your ticket.

1 Like

By the time I was reading about the article to revoke the contract. Can we do it? But it says there will be a gas fee to revoke. And the balance is only 5 USDT left.

Should I do it?

1 Like

Yes, this is a scam.

You can also create a new wallet and stop using the wallet you used to approve this scam.

2 Likes

But what about the USDT. Is there any chance it can be back to my wallet or it’s just lost.

I’m not sure what the actual details of the scam transaction are like, but most likely you will not be able to get them back.

Please ask any further questions with the support team through your ticket, they will be able to further assist you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank a ton for all your answers!!

God bless you!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 29 days. New replies are no longer allowed.