How to transfer Eth from metamask smart chain to binance

I have wrongly transferred ETH to my metamask account using BEP20. At first I couldnt receive the ETH until i created a smart chain network then I was able to receive the ETH.

However the problem now is that I can not transfer the ETH from the metamask smart chain network back to my binance account. When I click on ‘send’ , I can only choose to debit the BNB account but not my ETH.

I just want to either transfer the ETH from the smart chain account to the ETH main network in metamask ( which i believe is not possible) or transfer it back to my binance account.

It would be great if some expert can help as I am a newbie here. Thanks

Hey @TipsySober, welcome to the MetaMask community! :fox_face:

Make sure you have BNB in your wallet on Binance Smart Chain to pay for the gas fees. To move your ETH from BSC to Ethereum mainnet, you can also use a bridge.

Here is more information on our Knowledge Base:

Do you mean I can move the ETH from the smart chain network to Eth main network within metamask itself ? How do i do this and around the cost of BNB required?

Or alternatively I can also use bridge such as binance bridge to do it?

Thanks a lot for replying!!

Tokens can be sent from network to network using a bridge. You can connect to a bridge application with your MetaMask wallet and transfer your ETH from Binance Smart Chain to Ethereum mainnet.

You will need both BNB to pay for the gas fees on Binance Smart Chain, and the gas fees on that network are much lower, less than $1. You will also need ETH to pay for the gas fees to withdraw from the bridge, and the gas price will depend on the current gas at the moment. You can check the current gas prices here:

Which kind of bridge application are less costly or more user friendly to use?

Since I do not have BNB in my metamask, I need to buy BNB (probably from Binance) and transfer the BNB to both my smart chain network and ETH main network in metamask? Meaning there will be gas fee transferring out from smart chain network and another gas fee transferring in the ETH main network?

Say that my ETH is worth around USD 400, and the gas fee required is 0.5 BNB (im just guessing the cost of this), which is equivalent to like USD 200 then it doesnt make sense transferring between network right? The gas cost is half my ETH amount.

Or is there another method for example transfer the ETH from the smart chain network in metamask to my binance ETH wallet through BEP20?

The problem is that in the metamask app, i can only choose to send out BNB. I can not choose ETH, is that right?

Correct :slight_smile:

Gas prices on Ethereum mainnet can be volatile and expensive, it is up to you if using a bridge and paying the gas fees are worth it or not.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.