Moving ETH from Smart Chain to Etherium Mainnet

Bought ETH on Binance and wanted to move it to my Metamask wallet.

The gas fees using Etherium Mainnet were much higher than BSC, so I’ve setup a new network on Metamask - Smart Chain (using the instructions from another post - thanks!)

I withdrew ETH from Binance using the BSC chain (it was much cheaper) into the Smart Chain network in my Metamask wallet.
That worked fine.

But now, when I want to use the ETH to purchase on Opensea, only the ETH balance on the Etherium Mainnet appears as available balance.

I don’t know how to make the ETH balance in the Smart Chain it show as available funds.
When I opened my Opensea profile and connected the Metamask wallet, I did not have a Smart Chain network on the wallet.

What should I do now to make the ETH available to be used on Opensea?

Hi @grymberg you need a bridge from Binance Smart Chain to Ethereum

Or try this page: https://fixedfloat.com/

Select SEND: Ethereum (BEP20) :point_down:

RECEIVE: ETH :point_down:

PS: You need a little amount BNB (0.50 - 1$).
Binance Coin (BNB) is used to pay for transaction fees on Binance Smart Chain.

2 Likes

thanks…I’m doing it right now…

1 Like

It worked! :heart_eyes:
Thanks a lot, @Luigi !

1 Like

Yeah :smiley: :+1: it’s a pretty good website.

1 Like

hi Luigi. Where should I add this BNB amount? in my bsc network on metamask? this is the network that also has my Ethereum.
Also if I successfully do this, will my ethereum be moved from my bsc metamask network to my ethereum mainnet metamask network?

Hi @Mesumhyder you need BNB at your MetaMask address :upside_down_face: at the address where your ETH token. Then you can make the exchange Binance-Peg Ethereum (BEP20) to Ethereum (ETH)

@Luigi Thanks I got it, I’ll try it soon, will the transfer move eth from bsc metamask to Ethereum Metamask ? or would I need to transfer it to somewhere else, like binance?

@Mesumhyder you can also send it back to your binance account. Open your binance account and copy the BEP-20 address for Ethereum.

Instead of using a bridge I directly added my binance address and transferred Eth from my metamask to binance, transfer was successful but my binance wallet doesn’t show any ethereum

@Mesumhyder maybe you have to wait :roll_eyes: I hope you copied the right address.

1 Like

Yes I received it in my Binance Wallet, thank you so much for your help and patience with me.

2 Likes