Is Metamask ignoring me?

I can’t get metamask to reply to my missing transaction inquiry. It’s been a month now. I’m starting to threaten them and got a misleading reply. What does it take to get help? Eth was sent from Ethermine to metamask, it left Ethermine and didn’t get to metamask. Should be meta’s issue then. What is going on?

4 Likes

HI @nzinator see your ETH transaction at etherscan.io? You have any Transaction Hash?

4 Likes

0x8626df103237a75988bcd2dc09a6543682d0027ae48adff214af89633470f4ab
0xefc8c4e7752daa952c90cc0c81399c05305253000985f69c37514e5e0b6b9e64 0xd1028065f80fdcfbc6de3795e625fa181370fd693b17908f3f6ebd123a39ef3f

3 Likes

The three hashes are for dates past Oct 6, all sends from ether mine. The wallet screen shot shows as of today, no reception.

3 Likes

Hmm :thinking: these ETH were on your MetaMask wallet :point_down: see the etherscan page.

But the last transaction with your ETH address is :roll_eyes: OUT 0.489738810216959 Ether

To ETH address: 0x5bd03c9db56a7fedeff2d4a4e8a34d45b15ca51b do you know this ETH address?

1 Like

Well, of course. That’s because there was a lot of eth in there. Doesn’t address the issue of receiving those ETH trans.

1 Like

That out is another issue I have with Meta mask but I’m breaking my resolution into its parts. What about the IN transactions?

1 Like

When you know the address 0x5bd0… your eth balance is right 0.00078 Ether

See also Analytics page :point_down: 17 November you had 0.49 ETH… your withdrawal 20 November is 0.48 ETH

2 Likes

Then explain why the metamask screen shot doesn’t show it?

2 Likes

I don’t know this :smiley: some bug… try to reinstall the MetaMask wallet.

MetaMask :fox_face: Settings → Security & Privacy → Show incoming transactions :slightly_smiling_face: do you have enable?

2 Likes

I appreciate the help. But I’m not happy with Metamask at all. Who do I talk to about their insecure message form? I was contacted by a scammer within 12 hours of submitting my issue to a secure form. Do they have evil employees stealing email addresses from customers? Or just an incompetent security team. Either way trust is gone gone. Do they take responsibility for their failures?

3 Likes

Hmm it’s weird :thinking: this also makes me angry :angry: scammers are everywhere…
When you do mining cryptocurrencies :slightly_smiling_face: maybe a hw wallet would be better for you.
Trezor or Ledger :smiley: It’s more secure and MetaMask :fox_face: currently supports Trezor and Ledger, Keystone, Lattice1 hardware wallet.

2 Likes

I don’t think you understand the concept of wallet - metamask is not company like coinbase, its free wallet designed for taking full custody and ownership of your assets! You can say thanks for all the hardwork they put in as you haven’t paid penny for all of it.

Yes there’s no customer service and anyone who contanct you directly is scam cuz scammers love newbies and will empty your wallet faster than you can OMG - lots of ppl get scammed - learn more about wallet and metamask, lots of tutorial everywhere. Stay safe and maybe use coinbase/binance until you understand wallets better unless you want give free coins to scammers. All your transactions are on chain and you can access at anytime from whatever block chain you are using.

3 Likes

Hey @nzinator, sorry to hear about the wait, the MetaMask team is definitely not ignoring you!

It looks like a member of our support team has been in contact with you. They will respond to you as soon as they can, and your patience is much appreciated.

1 Like

I was contacted by a scammer within 12 hours of submitting my issue to a secure form. Do they have evil employees stealing email addresses from customers? Or just an incompetent security team. Either way trust is gone gone. Do they take responsibility for their failures?

1 Like

There are no evil employees stealing email addresses and attempting to scam users. MetaMask upholds user security and privacy as one of its highest priorities.

Sorry to hear you were contacted by a scammer. Unfortunately, there are a lot of scammers attempting to steal user’s funds. The MetaMask team is dedicated towards educating the community about best practices for safety and security and mitigating the harm from bad actors.

4 Likes