Lost account suddenly without changing anything. Was working fine five minutes before

Today while using MetaMask, i suddenly lost my account. I didnt do another or change anything but it was gone. When i opened the app, there was a page page asking mevto accept terms of service. After i accepted , it gives me an option to import a wallet or create a new one. I remember the seed phrase and the password.

Why did this happen?

Before trying to import using seed phrase, i want ro make sure i get the same address back. Some people hot a new one when doing this. How can i do that.

MetaMask support is unavailable. Tried email, which said this is no longer supported and i should contact zendesk which is not working.

Would appreciate some help. Thank you.

1 Like

I used the secret phrase …the wallet opened but with a different address. Please help. None of the tokens are there. I need my old address. I am in a preslae, i can never claim tokens like this

Hey @user2242, there is only once way to contact the support team at that is through https://support.metamask.io/

• Click the large blue “start a conversation” bubble in the upper middle of page, looks like this:

• This will connect you to a bot at first, answer some questions and it will open a ticket for you with an agent.

Remember - NOBODY, including from support, will ask for your secret recovery phrase or for you to input it onto any website for confirmation.

You should never contact anybody through email as that is likely a scammer.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Their support is down, that site doesn’t open.

It’s working, try another browser and clearing cache/cookies. May also be your VPN if you have one on

3 Likes

Nothing seems to work. And support for MetaMask is not working

Try disabling your browser’s adblockers in case you have any. The following article may help you.

4 Likes

I cant open this page at all. In MetaMask dc they told me they have been updating their dns servers and some isp are slow to update. I changed dns servers to manual in Chrome but right now i cannot even open the metamask.io site.

Aftwr changing to Google public dns i was able to open the metamask.io page but the support page still doss not open

Give it some more time for support.metamask.io.

Also please keep the conversation in one place in Discord :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you. I used the general MetaMask channel only. They have been helpful but i just have to wait for the support tonstary working again.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.