Matic Balance Not Correct

Yesterday I created a Matic account in my MM wallet. I then transferred Matic from an exchange into my new wallet. Exchange stated that it had completed and Polyscan also shows it completed and with the correct balance. Yesterday, it showed up in my wallet correctly about 3 hours after refreshing, clearing cache etc but today the balance has disappeared again. Polyscan still shows the correct balance. What can be done please to sort this issue. Trying to mint some NFTs. Thanks in advance

5 Likes

Hello @thepinkpanther , welcome to metamask community :fox_face:

If you can drop more info on this issue to assist a community moderator to help . Transaction id , public address etc

3 Likes

Hi thanks for your reply.

Address: 0x49eDa3fA0c8dE2F01174D4D909fF9c081fa6F310

TX ID: 0xa560cb7ab8aa7e3d9e109329b67b1a075442049a73e0ca2fe3ce4d8b399ea8f5

3 Likes

The tokens seems to be In this chain 0x49eDa3fA0c8dE2F01174D4D909fF9c081fa6F310 , just import the polygon network to your metamask wallet .then the contract address of matic . And your matic will appear . Have you tried this ?

5 Likes

Hi Stephanae,

Yes I’ve done this. The balance is showing again but I fully expect it to disappear as it did this morning when I logged back in to MM. All very strange

2 Likes

Yes it happens . It’s not a major problem . Just don’t give out your seedphrase or private keys . Your matic is still On The chain of the address you provided . Or unless I have not understood your issues properly. But I hope this helps a little

2 Likes

Hi,

You’ve totally understood correctly.

It’s my first time using Matic with MM and I’m happy that polyscan correctly shows my balance so it’s just frustrating that iMM at least for 24 hours isn’t showing it consistently.

Hopefully it will continue to display it correctly. If not, can matic be removed and re-added or will it create a new wallet address?

2 Likes

Yes., you can remove the matic token . And re-add it again using the correct contract address. I believe this will restore your balance properly .

2 Likes

Hi Stephanae,

Thanks. I’ll try this if the balance doesn’t stay.

3 Likes

The balance has disappeared again from
MM so have removed the token. Can you provide me with the correct settings to import it again please

2 Likes

Okay , go right under your token list on the polygon network . Click import token . Then enter the contract address for matic

2 Likes

What is the contract address for Matic pls?

1 Like

0x0000000000000000000000000000000000001010

For polygon network

1 Like

MATIC is the native token on Polygon and is added to your MetMask wallet on Polygon network by default, so you should not have to import it as a custom token.

Try these steps:

2 Likes

This doesn’t work. I need more information than that

1 Like

I resolved the issue. I used the following instructions and the balance was immediately displayed. All very confusing but we got there in the end.

Thank you for your assistance. You must have the patience of a saint!

4 Likes

Yes . That is what I explained here initially. But glad you already have it sorted out . Cheers :clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

Merhaba benimde metamask da para yükledim bnb dönüştürdük coin alacaktık coin alırken para kayboldu yardımcı olabilir misiniz rica etsem teşekkür ederim

1 Like

merhaba @MGMG , metamask topluluğuna hoş geldiniz :fox_face:

genel adresiniz veya txn hash’iniz var mı? böylece daha fazla ayrıntı için blok taramaya bakabiliriz.

3 Likes

0x961B005DebB76Eb04B249D23b5Edb4a712c3492e

14 Nis 2022 Per 10:52 tarihinde Steph via MetaMask <metamask@discoursemail.com> şunu yazdı:

1 Like