Metamask app freezes on my phone

is there a video or article on uninstalling and re-installing…?

Have not have a chance yes as I am at work.

1 Like

No, unfortunately, we don’t have any articles or video regarding re-installing. You can first delete and app and re-download it. We’ll be here if you need further assistance.

I just tried using uniswap through browser in MM. There is major lag! the option to swap out a coin and put in the “max amount” doesn’t even come up.

Let me know how it goes after the reinstall.

1 Like

to confirm then, I just need to delete the app and then re-install or upload app back on phone and use seed phrase to regain access to my wallet

Yes, you’re correct. Please also double and triple check that you have safely backed up your secret recover phrase before the reinstallation.

1 Like

what exactly does that mean?

Just make sure you have your seed/ secret recovery phrase stored properly.

once I re-install I have to re-add all custom coins back on…?

Also, what about coins that are on metamask but different network like GoChain…how do I bring those funds back on my wallet after I delete and reinstall?

Yes, after the reinstall, please add back any custom networks or custom tokens.

sorry one last question…Thank you by the way for helping me out! and answering my qs.

What will happen to my open tickets?

Our staff will get to them as soon as we can. If the issue is resolved after the reinstallation, please help to update us on those tickets :blush:

ok, thank you! Praying to God this works!

can both the Metamask google chrome extension and mobile app be used so if I am at work I use computer and if I am on the go I use mobile app.

also, when I re-add a coin after re-installing…will my amount automatically appear once I add the custom coin…? Not sure how so…sorry for my concerns.

Of course. Although, MetaMask is not cloud synced. You will have to add these custom networks and tokens on both.

Yes the amount of tokens will appear after you add them back.

I uploaded on chrome. I added gochain and custom token OMI. The “receive” icon does not appear. It appears on my mobile version of MM but not chrome version. If it doesn’t appear does that mean I am not able to receive…?

No, The mobile app and the extension do have different UI designs. We are only a wallet provider, we don’t control or limits any transaction on the blockchains. To receive you can still use your wallet’s public address https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028141672-Direct-deposit-receive-tokens-to-your-MetaMask-wallet