MetaMask Blank Screen on Firefox but no seed

Okay will do im really hoping i can resolve this is super nerve wrecking thank you so much for your help

2 Likes

Don’t worry :smiley: you are deciphering the Egyptian hieroglyphs and Everything will be OK

3 Likes

I got back into my wallet thank you so much Luigi life saver :innocent:

3 Likes

Hello, today I tried to enter the metamask, but I got this screen, the Google Chrome browser, everything works in Firfoxe, but I use Google Chrome, tell me what could be the reason, since reinstalling the browser and extensions did not help

1 Like

@andrewfromqueens super :smiley: :+1:

Hi @Roman_Pobeditel I have no idea :thinking: Did you recently add any kind of security (VPN, Proxy, Antivirus, or even a new adBlock)?

1 Like

No, didn’t add anything.

1 Like

Here is the extension error report

1 Like

Try the NordVPN free trial for 30 days :smile: (just kidding) it probably wouldn’t help much…

Reinstalling the browser didn’t help :thinking: the mistake will be elsewhere…

I see error: ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT on your screenshot.
Try to change DNS:
https://blog.pcrisk.com/windows/12803-err-connection-timed-out

1 Like

Didn’t work, still doesn’t work.

1 Like

Hello @Luigi I hope you are doing well…

Is there any way to recover the seed of all accounts? My metamask just stopped working and the 12 words only recovered the 1st created account. Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hi @WLM yeah :sweat_smile: I’m fine… I’m sick for a week :sneezing_face: but it’s better now.

When the accounts were not imported accounts :point_down: read this

@Roman_Pobeditel you must clean the computer :grin:

ezgif-4-e746adfc69

Try program: Advanced SystemCare 15 Free

2 Likes

So the problem I have is only in google chrome in Firefoxe everything works p.s. I already checked for viruses and just looked at all the running processes and did not find any suspicious ones.

1 Like

i have this problem in chrome/brave

1 Like

@Adr does not work on two browsers oh :see_no_evil: try Firefox :smiley: sorry man
but moment I have no idea how to solve this :smile: change IP, reinstall browser…

2 Likes

Hi

My MetaMask is suddenly blank in both small browser extension popup and full screen as well.

setup
I have the original seed but it only restores 3 out of about 50 accounts on all different EVM
networks

system
mac os x and firefox

i tried to reinstall MetaMask and a new MetaMask account works but does not work when i restore my old files

files
i have the files backed up

previous solution from luigi

I have seen this but can not find the “data” (that looks like below) or salt words in my file named with a number

{“data”:“wwpXXtFCqZkYsWfeEwItZjJ0Cc7mRVjG47Dqh+ztL1PiCG6Izhg+zG0mM+H2ykyjz3X0RNhAE6IVsWFZamcZ47B4sVi4SvUxrMhARm5L3yHPxr3UsyGrOXmthyVMgEGmjwlmnFCNd2nMZ2o8/sRMra8FupurqevnBv57FiYpEEs7gPpFHv6587aL44MmKD8Snv4JLFqiqmlK82Waq5F+Iv9mw2sFVAL9mgZBSgFgbWdB3TsKVB2k”,“iv”:“rkUQlNcGTxBE0My7a/bCXw==”,“salt”:“HcKyNfGzaRALRQ0DlKgcIe5Uk30iI/M//oG6w8vX8Nk=”}

sql
i opened the sql lite file and in the files table, the number in the sql corresponds to my file number

console
screenshot attached

1 Like

@poppyb This guide is for Windows :slightly_smiling_face: your files may be corrupted or encoded…

2 Likes

@Luigi Ok thanks, any idea where to start on how to fix ?

2 Likes

@poppyb I don’t have many ideas :neutral_face: this problem is long term.
Couple solutions is on the GitHub :point_down: site.

3 Likes

Hey Luigi I also encountered this problem with my metamask in Firefox.
I followed the steps to take out the special characters with ubuntu but the file still has some characters that the decryptor can’t accept.
i can send you the file can you send me without the special characters? i still have the password so i can go to decryptor myself!
Thank you for the post it was super helpful i must be missing something!!

2 Likes

Hi @rdcf did you try to change the file number? As they advise on the github site: Blank screen appears when opening popup in Firefox · Issue #9196 · MetaMask/metamask-extension · GitHub

If you want :slightly_smiling_face: write me on my telegram username.
You can find it in my profile: https://community.metamask.io/u/Luigi

2 Likes