MetaMask Blank Screen on Firefox but no seed

I replace but …

2 Likes

so i put the backup and I still have the bug

2 Likes

I thought so :neutral_face: old data recovery is not easy.

1 Like

Do you think it’s possible?

1 Like

Hard to tell :slightly_smiling_face: because I am not a data recovery expert.

2 Likes

I hope so much that I can get my account back …

3 Likes

@Ninooow when I wake up :upside_down_face: I’ll write you my telegram nick. Maybe we can figure something out :grinning:

3 Likes

Yea , i will add you :wink: Thanks for all !

3 Likes

Omg , this men just help me all the days during 1 week , he is so cool , He fixed my problem, while I thought that I would never find my metamask account, he is super cool, I have never seen someone so caring about me.
Positive Feedback :wink:

6 Likes

@Ninooow it took me a long time (4 days) :smiley: but I solved it YEAH :rocket:

dance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw5Y_suihRg Fire Meeeh :fire: :fire: :grin:

9 Likes

How to find MetaMask :fox_face: Vault Data in computer’s files (guide for Windows users)
if you use a Firefox browser and you can’t open your MetaMask wallet

:one: You need to know the password for your MetaMask :fox_face: wallet

:two: Ways to Find Your Firefox Profile Location in Windows:

about:support

:three: When you open a Firefox Profile folder: xxxxxxxx.default-release :point_up_2:

Open folder storage :point_up_2: and in the storage folder :file_folder: open the default :point_down: folder.

:four: How to find a MetaMask :fox_face: Internal UUID

about:debugging#/runtime/this-firefox

:five: Now i know :slightly_smiling_face: that my MetaMask folders have a name: feaa69fe-435c-4dc8-8f73-9941fd189f56 your files will have another name.

MetaMask wallet folders

Open a folder with a longer name :point_down:
moz-extension+++feaa69fe-435c-4dc8-8f73-9941fd189f56^userContextId=4294967295

In this folder search file with number. My file is 709 :point_down: this file contains MetaMask vault data.

:six: Download and install EmEditor: https://www.emeditor.com/#download

EmEditor

Right-click on your file :point_up_2: and open it in the program EmEditor

:seven: Search for words like: Keyr, data, d a t a, salt or s a l t :slightly_smiling_face:

:eight: Text editing :page_with_curl:

You have to find something like this:

{“data”:“wwpXXtFCqZkYsWfeEwItZjJ0Cc7mRVjG47Dqh+ztL1PiCG6Izhg+zG0mM+H2ykyjz3X0RNhAE6IVsWFZamcZ47B4sVi4SvUxrMhARm5L3yHPxr3UsyGrOXmthyVMgEGmjwlmnFCNd2nMZ2o8/sRMra8FupurqevnBv57FiYpEEs7gPpFHv6587aL44MmKD8Snv4JLFqiqmlK82Waq5F+Iv9mw2sFVAL9mgZBSgFgbWdB3TsKVB2k”,“iv”:“rkUQlNcGTxBE0My7a/bCXw==”,“salt”:“HcKyNfGzaRALRQ0DlKgcIe5Uk30iI/M//oG6w8vX8Nk=”}

Your data will look like this:

Click :point_up_2: Search -► Replace… or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + H
According to the picture above :roll_eyes: remove spaces in the text.

:nine: Download Vault Decryptor:
https://github.com/MetaMask/vault-decryptor and unzip this file to the your desktop :desktop_computer:

Open folder vault-decryptor-master -► and open index.html file in the browser firefox-icon

Paste the {“data”:} and use the password you set for your wallet in the MetaMask extension and click the “Decrypt” button :point_up_2: as shown in the video by MetaMask - Randy

:ten: Everything is done :smiley: and now you see your MetaMask seed phrase

done

PS: If your file contains more special characters :point_down: as in this picture

special characters

You need Ubuntu 21 or another linux system.

How to Install Ubuntu 21 on VirtualBox:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=360uNjkiEjY

When you run Ubuntu :point_down: download and install: Snappy-fox
https://github.com/berdav/snappy-fox

Launch a terminal in the folder snappy-fox:

and write a command: sudo apt install make gcc :point_up_2: confirm the installation by pressing Y

Then just compile the application :slightly_smiling_face: next command: make

Now you see :point_up_2: new file with name snappy-fox :slightly_smiling_face: everything is ready.

Now I’ll move my file :point_down: 709 to folder snappy-fox

and the last command is: ./snappy-fox 709 709.txt

last command

file 709.txt will be without special characters :smiley: yeah

13 Likes

I want to say that @Luigi was absolutely amazing in supporting me getting my seed phrase!! Friendly professional and worked about 9 straight hours to get this fixed!! Saved my NFT collection and some nodes!! This guys a saint!! Thank you brother and amazing job :pray::pray:

8 Likes

This is my longest tutorial on this forum :sweat_smile: it took me a long time
but the result is worth it :slightly_smiling_face: and I hope this tutorial will help a lot of people.

@Fondu3 Thank you so much for your positive rating Jesse :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m a monkeys savior now :smile: NFT monkeys

10 Likes

Hi Luigi I have a white screen on metamask and need to recover my seed phrase :astonished: can you please help me walk threw this I have made progress but have a valuable collection and don’t want to screw anything up your help would be greatly appreciated

3 Likes

2 Likes

Hi @andrewfromqueens command below :point_down: does not work when the wallet cannot be opened

chrome.storage.local.get(‘data’, result => {
var vault = result.data.KeyringController.vault
console.log(vault)
})

Try to use my instructions :slightly_smiling_face: which you see above.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your reply :sweat_smile: I am up to the em editor portion of the walk threw Im guessing I need to ignore the virus warning prompts and warning that says your files will be corrupted?

4 Likes

hehe EmEditor is a fast, lightweight, yet extensible, easy-to-use text editor for Windows

not a virus :smile:

3 Likes

already found my data in the emeditor but I found a bunch of special characters in it so im downloading ubuntu really appreciate your help

3 Likes

Special characters :point_down: you see behind the words: data, salt, iv?

If they aren’t behind the words: data, salt… You doesn’t need Ubuntu + Snappy-fox

2 Likes