'MetaMask encountered an error due to reaching a storage limit'

If you entered the same seed phrase then its your wallet.

You need to reconfigure your wallet:

• Re-create your accounts. Your assets are on the blockchain, so MM should read them
  • Add the contract address to your tokens
  • Add the custom networks again, if you have Binance Smart Chain

I also encountered the same error where I couldn’t login anymore due to data corrupted issue. So I imported my wallet with my seed phrase on MetaMask browser extension however my account with my funds in it does not show up. I tried the add account thing 60 times however the account with my original address has yet to show up. I know 100% I used the correct seed phrase. I can see all my funds are still in the wallet on the blockchain but have no way to access them. I also do not have my private keys, just the seed phrase. This is very frustrating as I have a good chunk of money in there and was planning to buy some other things that have now gone up in value. Please help fix this issue and let me know if I’m going to get my coins back or not. @CryptoHamilton

Welcome to the MetaMask Community @Hudsen!! :fox_face: :rocket:

Apologies for the frustration and trouble here. Please try the steps found in this Knowledge Base article and let us know if you need any further assistance.

I tried this already. Added 60 new accounts and not one of them is my original address. @bharmon

Thank you for confirming this. Please try the steps found here and if this still does not resolve your issue, please submit a support ticket and we’ll be glad to investigate further.

So should we wait until MetaMask has a trouble shooting tutorial before trying anything else. Don’t want to jeopardize my wallet trying to reset anything

Great question.

Your Seed phrase unlocks all private keys for each account. You can have a private key for 1 account. But your seed phrase is the master key for everything. If you have the seed phrase you are good.

Are you adding the correct token address to your wallet?

You can see what assets are in each address via EtherScan.

To check your address to see what assets are an account:

1. Go to EtherScan.
  2. Paste account information in the search bar.
  3. Click tokens
  4. Search tokens in the drop-down
  5. Rinse and repeat for each address created.
  6. You should see the token in one of the addresses.
  7. When you find it, add that token address to your account.

See this:

2 Likes

Hi I just got this error on my mobile app. I have my seed phrase, so are the steps to “Reset Wallet”? Or uninstall the app and follow the steps? Scared to mess this up.

1 Like

I can tell you this, do NOT reset your wallet at this time. I lost everything because I don’t have my seed phrase. I can’t get to Bancor, Uniswap, or anything because I can’t recover my wallet even though I can see my coins on the blockchain. I messed up my whole family’s future because of this error on the app :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Buen día, me encuentro con el mismo problema,
Android 9, MM 2.6.0
Muchas gracias

Hi all Im sorry for the issues you are all having but I am having the exact same issues. I Disconnected the browser extension and when tried to log back in it did not recognize my password and had to use my seed phrase to recover my wallet. as soon as it all loaded I noticed that the wallet address was different and my Etherium was gone. Please guys has anyone managed to resolve this issue yet highly annoying as I also moved the money to purchase something that has since gone up and am way to scared to put anymore money into metamask.

1 Like

Amigo encontraste una solución ?

Hola amigo pudiste resolver tu problema ??

Pudiste resolver el problema ?