“Metamask encountered an error

Suddenly I have encountered this today while opening my metamask account. What should I do? Please help me.

I already reinstalled metamask and put in my recory code but it says error invalid recovery code. I AM PRETTY SURE THAT THE SEED PHRASE I PUT IN IS CORRECT BECAUSE I DOUBLE CHECKED IT BEFORE I KEEP IT.

Please help me, what else should I do??

You can recreate a new wallet address, and then you can try to restore your previous account with your private key

1 Like

Be sure not to disclose your private key and mnemonic words

Hello thank you for your response. I tried it already but still it doesnt work.

Look at this post to see if it’s useful?

Thank you for this! Still, I cannot recover my account using my code. Here is what appeared on my Metamask account: Metamask encountered an error dueto reaching storage limit. The local data has been corrupted. Please reinstall Metamask and restore with your secret recovery phrase.”
I already did what has been said there but still it doesn’t work.

May I ask for help with regards to this, please.

I feel very sorry for your experience. There is really no other way to solve your problem. I’m sorry :neutral_face:

You say you have your seed phrase and your are sure that it is the correct one ?

If you have, have you tried to install Metamask on another device, or maybe another browser to check if the same problems comes back ?

Yes. I tried it. But it still doesn’t work.

This time, on my nth try, a new account was opened, and I was wondering why it happened.

There are several reasons why this could have happened. Please make sure you are typing in the correct Secret Recovery Phrase for the correct wallet address you are trying to access.

Here is more information on the Knowledge Base:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.